Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-york-beauty-quilt-along-begins-oct-1st-t199410.html)

kristen0112 09-03-2012 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 5488166)
Would you be giving us a different NYB block each time? In other words, will you provide us the patterns each month?

I've made two of these type of quilts with great results......didn't do fancy, but learned that almost any combination using contrasting colors is dynamite! I have used batiks and blenders mostly.....

Yes, the initial thread has the link to all 10 patterns. And each month I will post it again if people want me to. You are correct that just about any color combination looks fantastic.

kristen0112 09-03-2012 03:36 PM

Mariposa, Linynp, & Patticake Welcome!
So glad you'll be quilting along with us. These patterns are great for stash busting and scrappy. But also look great in a classic two or three colors as shown in the video Beauty Secrets. I have pulled all my batiks (probably 15-20 different pieces) and a few blenders.

QuiltingKrazy 09-03-2012 03:39 PM

I might try this one.... I love the NY beauty block but PP any my brain just don't work! I think I am dyslexic (sp) when it comes to Paper piecing.

frustratedquilter40 09-03-2012 04:34 PM

I will also be joining in love paper piecing and batiks can't wait. I got to hear and see Bill V @ my quilt quild meeting in Hillsboro ,OR a few months ago he brought some of his collection very interesting hearing how he got started collecting and how it has evolved for him.

kristen0112 09-03-2012 04:45 PM

Welcome Christine and Quiltingcrazy! Christine so jealous you got to hear Bill V in person :-)
Sometimes Quiltingcrazy that happens to me too with a piece :-)

Anael 09-04-2012 12:44 AM

SulaBug, your block is great! I just made a decision :D I'm going to finish my Sylvia blocks first before I start this project. I only (or still) have 33 blocks to go. So if you see a block here from me..........LOL kick me in the behind. I hope I can keep my hands off of the batiks I ordered last week so I can use them for the NYB!

mirabelle 09-04-2012 12:55 AM

Giving this a lot of thought !!!! I have an extra large box of batiks and just can't decide what to do with them. Maybe this is the quilt I should make.
It also coincides with the Pony Club sew along finishing.
If you see blocks from me you will know I am in...

gardnergal970 09-04-2012 04:28 AM

I'm trying to FINISH projects...not start them...but....maybe I'll jump in later. I'm bookmarking this.

newhomelizzy 09-04-2012 06:08 AM

I'm in! I have too many projects but love the New York beauty quilts.

rainagade 09-04-2012 09:00 AM

I'm in too.
Ohhhh noooooo. Doing a NYB has been on my bucket list. I have been collecting fabrics for a few years.
I am also collecting reds to do a Double wedding ring.
So there is only one thing to do, which is get started on that bucket list.