Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   October 15 BOM CARD TRICK - The Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/october-15-bom-card-trick-photos-t2745.html)

kathy 10-17-2007 02:59 AM

I discovered this block last year when I was looking for something to make for a very special SIL, I bought 4 colors but decided it looked better with just two. I gave my mom the other two and she made one for her sister. I think it was more the colors I chose because I really like these with 3 and 4 colors just as much as the ones with 2. I haven't seen an ugly yet!
Also I haven't seen a PINK one or a RED and GREEN one either!LOL

Chele 10-17-2007 03:22 AM

Love the black Annmarie! It really makes the cards pop! I may have to try one in black.

patricej 10-17-2007 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by kathy

yeah ... where have yvonne and marcella been lately?

mimisharon 10-17-2007 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amma
Chele, shhhhhh..... I will tell you my secret....... a triangle point trimmer, my trusty seam ripper, and stick your tongue out of the corner of your mouth when your sew the critical areas ( an Eleanor Burns trick) :wink: :lol: :wink: a couple of the pieces gave me fits, too.

You did a great job on your blocks, I love your colors! Can't wait to see more of your blocks :D :D :D

Amma, you saw Eleanor Burns on Alex Anderson the other day, too? She was so terrific! I really really want to see a show that she's at. Don't you???

ALL of you have wonderfully beautiful, gorgeous, colorful blocks. I enjoyed this one, too. Now since I never see how off I am till I post it here, I'm gonna do it. lol

ok, tell me what's wrong with it, I can take it, booohoooo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1724[/ATTACH]

kathy 10-17-2007 06:27 AM

well Sharon, I hate to disapoint you but I don't see a thing wrong with it!

and Patrice, I'm still waiting for some tuti fruti cards!

amma 10-17-2007 08:08 AM

Annmarie and Sharon, love your blocks! Great Colors! Good Job! :D :D :D

Yvonne 10-17-2007 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

yeah ... where have yvonne and marcella been lately?

Hey, You All,
We're still alive but BUSY! :lol: My daughter asked for a couple of quilts for her husbands group to auction off at a fund raiser this holiday season. Mom and Auntie Marcella are busy making auction quilts and will return to this BOM stuff soon (I hope)!!! Yes, We'll share a picture just as soon as we can. My quilt is in one piece but Marcella is still re-arranging stuff and adding more to hers. :mrgreen:

kathy 10-17-2007 08:26 AM

leave it to the kids to think we have time for everything! glad she knew where to turn. since it's a worthy cause we won't discontinue your memberships, YET! be sure to show us what you did, we'll be waiting for your return.

patricej 10-17-2007 12:59 PM

well Sharon, I hate to disapoint you but I don't see a thing wrong with it!

and Patrice, I'm still waiting for some tuti fruti cards!

sharon, i agree. even sober, that block is awesome. (so are all the others, but don't tell sharon i said so.)

kathy, you'll have to wait a bit longer i fear. you KNOW i have three commissions AND that special project in the works. :wink: PLUS the 732 other WIPs and UFOs which vie raucously for my attention. and ON TOP OF THAT ... soooooo much magic to make all day at the office!

ok. ok. i'll put #733 on the fast track ... just for you ...

hold yer horses, kiddo

but not yer breath :wink:

Yvonne 10-17-2007 01:55 PM

leave it to the kids to think we have time for everything! glad she knew where to turn. since it's a worthy cause we won't discontinue your memberships, YET! be sure to show us what you did, we'll be waiting for your return.

Thanks for the dispensation! It's nice to be missed. Don't worry! We'll be back!! :mrgreen: