Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 08-09-2011 03:33 PM

Great blocks Judith. Love the colours.

jtquilts 08-10-2011 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am an early riser and after reading some of the forum I couldn't stand it so I got up and made my next block. I should just work on next weeks now while I am on a roll!

Deecee 08-10-2011 04:51 AM

:thumbup: Way to go. Great block.

Keep them rolling.

jtquilts 08-10-2011 05:14 AM

Deecee, you are such an asset to this thread! I sometimes wonder if I were to post something truly UGLY what positive you would come up with. That said, you do make me ready to go and and do more right now! Thanks.

np3 08-10-2011 08:10 AM

I love the way that one pops! I always have to go back and forth with all of them to verify they are they same squares! The fabric rally changes each one of them!

Deecee 08-10-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by np3
I love the way that one pops! I always have to go back and forth with all of them to verify they are they same squares! The fabric rally changes each one of them!

I do the same thing Nancy. I keep flipping backwards and forwards thinking gosh, it is the same block.

Judith - I call ugly "quirky" and quirky is individual and individuality is good. :thumbup:

Now get back to that sewing machine.............. we are all waiting for more pics. :lol: :lol:

np3 08-10-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee

Originally Posted by np3

I do the same thing Nancy. I keep flipping backwards and forwards thinking gosh, it is the same block.

Judith - I call ugly "quirky" and quirky is individual and individuality is good. :thumbup:

Now get back to that sewing machine.............. we are all waiting for more pics. :lol: :lol:

:thumbup:

BettyGee 08-10-2011 01:57 PM

I'm in! Will get the book from Amazon. Many thanks, it looks like a lot of fun.

Okay, book ordered. 68 pages on this thread! Wow, are we ambitious or what?

Deecee 08-10-2011 03:14 PM

Welcome BettyGee.

Some of us have nearly finished our blocks as we started in January following Jupiter's schedule (on page 1).

But there are those who are just starting out or have been following their own schedule.

These blocks are fun to do and if you wade through all 68 pages you will see some wonderful fabric/colour combinations. Some have chosen to do the applique part by hand and some have chosen to use machine applique. You can use a specific colour scheme or go scrappy from your stash. Either way will give a beautiful result.

Let us know what method you are using and please post pics of your fabric choices. We all love to see pics.

jtquilts 08-10-2011 03:47 PM

Didn't I say you would find a way to have a positive spin, Deecee? I like your style!

Hello, BettyGee! I am only on my 7th or so block so come join me. We look forward to having you send pictures of your blocks and your fabric choices!