Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, July 2013 - Blackford's Beauty - Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-july-2013-blackfords-beauty-photos-t224981.html)

judy363905 07-06-2013 07:21 PM

July Block of the Month 2013

1 Attachment(s)
A very interesting block this month. I appreciated the explanation given by Helen behind the name Blackford's Beauty. This is the reason I used Confederate Grey in my block. Great choice and fun block to make. :)
Judy in Phx, Az

marytoddliz 07-07-2013 01:03 PM

Judy, I love your block, it is really a stark contrast with the grey. I love the Story of Blackfords Beauty alos. I think there are some really cool stories in a lot of the quilt blocks.

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 6163524)
A very interesting block this month. I appreciated the explanation given by Helen behind the name Blackford's Beauty. This is the reason I used Confederate Grey in my block. Great choice and fun block to make. :)
Judy in Phx, Az

marytoddliz 07-07-2013 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, here is my picture of this month's block! I am really loving the Black and white scrappy and amazed at how many of us are doing them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422857[/ATTACH]
I have an Album in my profile that has Block of Month and a few pictures I took on the construction of this block, but I see I have a problem with the size of my pictures being from the land of the Giants! Ugh... I need to figure out how to fit them!

It makes it very hard to view the enormous pictures!

jaba 07-07-2013 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made mine today, love this block. Thanks again MaryBeth![ATTACH=CONFIG]422866[/ATTACH]

ameriguat 07-07-2013 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine! Now I just need to do Feb - June . :) and I really wish I would have traded the beige with the red...

mimiknoxtaylor 07-07-2013 07:28 PM

Amerigust, I like your patriotic colors for July

marytoddliz 07-07-2013 08:45 PM

Wow, awesome blocks. Jan I love your fabric, it is so pretty, when you quilt is finished I will gladly take it off your hands for you ;-)

I love the patriotic themed block. It is very nice the way it is but you can always make another to see what you would like best. I am trying to picture in my mind how it would look with those two colors swapped.

My favorite colors are brights, like neon brights, then black and whites and then patriotic. Seriously most of the fabric I have fit into those 3 categories, well that and whimsical, I love whimsy too!

Jenniky 07-08-2013 01:06 PM

Wow great blocks everyone.. I need to get busy .... back at my quilting. Watching way too much TV. :)

judy363905 07-08-2013 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 6164764)
Judy, I love your block, it is really a stark contrast with the grey. I love the Story of Blackfords Beauty alos. I think there are some really cool stories in a lot of the quilt blocks.

Thank you Mary. I really like your black and white block too. You just can not beat black and white quilt blocks :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

CAS49OR 07-09-2013 12:11 PM

I agree with both!!

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6166629)
Wow great blocks everyone.. I need to get busy .... back at my quilting. Watching way too much TV. :)