Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

jtquilts 09-13-2012 09:00 AM

I thought your block looked great . . . . . then I read where it is a 4" and I looked again and it is fantastic! I still say we are all looking to close when we are working on the blocks-then when we put the blocks together and we look at the whole they are gorgeous!

Patricia Faye 09-13-2012 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by jtquilts (Post 5511540)
I thought your block looked great...
I still say we are all looking too close when we are working on the blocks-then when we put the blocks together and we look at the whole they are gorgeous!

I completely agree with you, Judith.

sandiquilts 09-13-2012 03:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362584[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]362585[/ATTACH] My Colorado Quilt Block and my Anna's Choice block. Had lots of trouble with Anna's Choice. Seemed to keep mixing up my two fabrics...lots of ripping seams and doing again! Both of these patterns give me the opportunity to use my two larger scale prints

sandiquilts 09-13-2012 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my 1941 9 patch. The fabric is a fairly large scale print--medallions--but I think it worked with fairly careful placement[ATTACH=CONFIG]362586[/ATTACH]

sandiquilts 09-13-2012 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5510952)
Nice job Sandi! You gals are super early...and I thought I was doing good just keeping up? LOL!

can't imagine doing 42 pieces in a 4 inch block! Wow! I'm impressed!

Rosyhf 09-13-2012 04:41 PM

A Salute to Colors

2 Attachment(s)
This block was a bit of challenge, so I wanted to feel it out. I am sticking to Aunt Gracie fabrics and am using what I have, so I am limited. I like the block anyway. I am showing the paper piecing pattern pieces and then the block. After I did all the sections, the block went together nicely.

Since I am printing these out of Block Base, I don't know if your pattern is different from the one in Block Base, is it?

jtquilts 09-14-2012 06:29 AM

Sandi, I love how your 1941 square came out with the fussy cutting!

Rosy, the block is so interesting with all of the fabrics. The blocks I am doing are with charm squares so I have to mix fabrics in my blocks, too. They look so different than the majority of the girls blocks, but, I think they have a 'charm' of their own!

Purl 09-14-2012 07:30 AM

Catching up

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I thought I was catching up - but you all are leaving me in the dust! What beautiful blocks I am seeing! I have always left the paper attached until the quilt top is finished. Is anyone else doing it that way?
Purl

Rosyhf 09-14-2012 02:46 PM

Purl, that dark background make the blocks really pop, stunning...

janRN 09-14-2012 05:05 PM

Love your blocks, Purl. Great color choices, and like Rosey said, the black makes them pop.
I remove my paper after I complete each block so I can hang them on my design wall. This way I can see what colors I'm lacking (doing a scrappy version) and also gives me a sense of accomplishment when I look at them LOL.