Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

dublb 11-28-2012 08:46 AM

I know I haven't posted here recently but I want ya'll ta know that I do come & Ooooo Awwww regularly. I loooove all o' ya'll's blocks.

almond 11-28-2012 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone: I am back from a month long vacation to Panama City, FL, Savannah, Ga & Washington DC area. Had a great time!

Before I left I went to a retreat and worked on blocks and got several done. Not sure where we are suppose to be at but here is all the ones I have done and only have 3 left to make.

These are all 4" blocks made from Kansas Troubles (Moda). I will be using these block in my Dear Jane quilt. I decided to make my own version of dear Jane (I call it Dear Mary Jane). I have about 80 blocks done so have a long way to go.

I am loving all the blocks you girls have been doing. So many different combinations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379070[/ATTACH]

janRN 11-28-2012 02:41 PM

Very nice!! Love the fabric you're using--lots of contrast in your blocks. Good job!

carriem 11-28-2012 04:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got 2 more blocks done today: quilt mosaic and north star. I had pre-cut fabric for several blocks...these were the last 2, so I will be spending time cutting for the last 6 blocks before sewing again.

marne--I like the fabric in your "crossing" block...great fussy cutting.

almond--your little blocks look great...I like that you had a "big" block in the picture for showing how small the 4" is. Are you using KT fabrics for all of your Dear Mary Jane quilt blocks?

janRN 11-29-2012 09:25 AM

Love them, carriem. You are one busy (and talented) lady. Nice feminine colors but with a kick.

Honchey 11-29-2012 11:30 AM

You're an amazing person Carriem...Isn't she Jan??? I just wish I had 1/4 of your energy!!!

almond 11-29-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5686141)
I got 2 more blocks done today: quilt mosaic and north star. I had pre-cut fabric for several blocks...these were the last 2, so I will be spending time cutting for the last 6 blocks before sewing again.

marne--I like the fabric in your "crossing" block...great fussy cutting.

almond--your little blocks look great...I like that you had a "big" block in the picture for showing how small the 4" is. Are you using KT fabrics for all of your Dear Mary Jane quilt blocks?

Yes all are KT or fabrics much like KT

rwquilts 12-02-2012 07:52 AM

Almond your blocks are amazing! Love the Kansas Troubles line you're using...love the idea of your Dear MaryJane quilt! I will want to see it finished?

Carriem, yum, yum, yummy blocks! Love them!

Lyn Hut 12-02-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
Everyones blocks are look great Carriem I love thecolurs in your blocks, Almond and anyone else that are doing the 4" blocks I don't know how you manage the 4" blocks some off the 10" blocks are small enough for me.

Finale got all the blocks cut out, now to find the time to sew the all back together. When my kids ask what are you doing and I tell them I am cutting all this material up into little peices to sew it all back together, they just give a very strange look and quote with a shake of there heads "it wont be long mum".

Here is my 14th block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379753[/ATTACH]

carriem 12-03-2012 06:21 AM

Thank for all the nice comments on my fabrics/blocks. It took me a while to decide, but I too am very happy with how they are coming together. I just have to cut fabric for 3 more and I can cut the last 6.

Lyn--I like you greys and yellows too...especially in this last block.