Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

janRN 06-01-2013 04:30 AM

jtquilts, I've promised myself that Rosie is going to get quilted this week! Can't wait to see yours finished. Now that I've typed this for you all to read I'm not going to be able to procrastinate any longer LOL!!

carriem 06-01-2013 04:55 AM

Jan--you can do it!! Can't wait to see. :)

Patricia Faye 06-01-2013 07:26 AM

We'd all love to see you & your completed quilt.

I ended up giving my Rosie quilt to one of my Aunts for her 82nd birthday this past January. She loves it & says she uses it all the time. I'm thinking of making another Rosie quilt for my other Aunt (her sister) for her birthday in September. We'll see if I can work it among the other projects I've got going on now.

jtquilts 06-17-2013 04:51 PM

Hello! Everyone! I have finished my "Quilting With Rosie and Patti" quilt! Patti is hand quilting her Rosie with the long stitch and it is coming along really nice! I am waiting on her so we can take pictures together. My husband made a machine quilting table for me and my Rosie quilt was the first I quilted with it. Soon I will post pictures of the table. I love it!

How is everyone's summer? So far ours is going well. Talk to you soon.

Patricia Faye 06-17-2013 04:59 PM

Judith, can't wait to see your finished quilt & would love to see a picture of your machine quilting table too!

janRN 06-18-2013 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
jtquilts, you motivated me to get one of my Rosie quilts finished. I finished my Christmas Rosie. This is the first "real" project I've done on my Sweet 16; still hate FMQ and suck at it. I got more confident as I went along but most of the blocks need more quilting. I was afraid to press my luck. Thank you all for your support and encouragement along the way--I loved doing this quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]419703[/ATTACH]

Patricia Faye 06-18-2013 03:47 PM

Jan, your quilt is beautiful. Nice not only for Christmas, but any time.

jtquilts 06-18-2013 04:49 PM

I recognized the blocks when I looked closely . . . . . . but, how different and lovely your Christmas version is! I am not very good at FMQ on my DM, but I love to practice it. The machine that is in my table right now did not want to do any feathers I guess due to tension issues so I just did a curvy line with the even-feed foot. But, YEAH for us for finished quilts.

carriem 06-18-2013 05:29 PM

Great job Jan!! I am so happy you shared this with us. :) I think your quilting looks great. Too much more and you would have taken away from the work you did on the blocks!

rwquilts 06-19-2013 06:03 AM

Jan, you did a wonderful job on your Christmas Rosie quilt! Soooo pretty! And done in plenty of time for this upcoming holiday season to boot. :)