Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sept 1st BOM Blackfords Beauty - The Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sept-1st-bom-blackfords-beauty-photos-t2083.html)

Feathers 09-01-2007 08:00 AM

Purdy!

Feathers

SaraSewing 09-01-2007 11:47 AM

Here is my rendition. I pawed through my stash in big tubs. Then I got all organized into colors, etc. I gathered up a bag of coordinating scraps that I WILL use for the BOMs, sampler blocks, etc. So I"m making an assortment from this grouping of fabrics. I made two different variations of this block, showing the huge difference that placement of colors make. BUT, just as I was ready up upload this photo, I saw an error. One of the 4 patches is in backwards, and I"ll have to get it fixed. But I love the block that was chosen for this month. Sara

SaraSewing 09-01-2007 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgive me for not remembering to attach the photo. I just off working nights. (I cut out the pieces last night at work in the Emergency room when it was really quiet for a couple of hours). Sara

Beaufords Beauty, Sept 1 2007 BOM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9093[/ATTACH]

annmarie 09-01-2007 12:21 PM

Wow - those are cool. Thanks for the demo on different block placement - amazing. We will all have fun with that!

amma 09-01-2007 12:39 PM

Oooo Ahhhh love the different ideas........ awesome colors, too :D :D

Knot Sew 09-01-2007 12:47 PM

I like the one on the right.....I love floral :D good job

ShellyQ 09-01-2007 03:47 PM

Choice blocks, You've done a lovely job creating a whole nother look just by using different fabric placement, great idea :thumbup:

Steve 09-02-2007 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I was shooting for a spring thing and I hope you all don’t mind me putting in a block or two when I can. I think for my first serious block I did OK, though wish I had a teacher handy a few times. Still it was interesting and enjoyed myself working at it. Man this stuff is some serious fun.

patricej 09-02-2007 01:19 AM

why would we mind? :?:

silly boy

mimisharon 09-02-2007 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did it! I worked it in a timely manner, between cleaning behind and under stove and frig yesterday. Do you know how tickled I am to be able to work on these wonderfully fun blocks in the times they come out? I can honestly say I'm not behind anymore......yahoooooo

I am so awed by the color choices that all of you make, really stands out nicely.

Say what, Steve? Mind? Who's to do that???? Go for it in your own time, I was over 2 months getting that little needle in my hand again. I had serious withdrawals.

PS: editing to say that's not a black block in mine, it's a lite teal, med blue, with black background. I guess I didn't lighten it enough to be seen when I made it a .gif format. sigh.......it shows in my folders but not here. Oh, welllllllll

Fun Sept BOM serious contender for a quilt top soon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24054[/ATTACH]