Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

DogHouseMom 08-18-2013 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6240892)
Hi DogHouseMom, No I haven't done a thing with my blocks yet either. When I saw this BOM it really interested me. Glad we will be on this journey together!! Do you have any idea what fabrics or colors you will be using? I will look thru my stash this week and decide. I may have to go to the fabric shop for the background fabric what ever that will be. Decisions...decisions...decisions!!:p

Yup. I posted a pic of my colors back on post #230 of this thread, basically cream to dark brown with an emphasis on the coppery colored middle hues, all have metallic gold embelishments. I finished one of the blocks yesterday as I wanted to see how my colors played together. Happy with the results, and with how it plays with the colors in the dining room.

I will make each of the individual blocks into place mats for my dining table, and perhaps string 3 of them together for a table runner. I'm not adding the side pieces to make them rectangle, I'm leaving them as hexes.

I haven't posted the block as I'll wait to do that when Honchey starts the individual threads for each block, then I'll post to the appropriate thread.

JeanieG 08-18-2013 10:41 AM

Welcome tusconquilter and nygal! We are happy to have you join our group. Honchey, I have 48 on my list, but I think that QuiltE had more. I have only listed those that have committed....not those that said they might join us. Guess we will find out the actual number come September. What fun!!!

Mirabelle, thanks so much for the fabric sizes you posted for Design 1. That will be so helpful to everyone!

candi 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

Cindy A, yes crumbs ala Bonnie Hunter lol. I love her:)

mirabelle 08-18-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6240779)
Oh, thank you Mirabelle, are you going to do this for the rest of the blocks??? I'm not a newbie you know...This will make is so much easier with the list of measurements...Yay for Mirabelle!!!! Remember the first FWS with me doing it for the rotary cutting??? I love these blocks and now I won't hesitate to start the first one so it's ready for the first week in September...You've done most of the work!!! Now I'm a happy camper!!!

If you would like me to do this I will, I will post Block#2 before the 3rd September and then at the end of each month I will post the next two blocks with the unit sizes to cut. Remember to keep any large pieces of fabric you may be able to use them elsewhere.

Now I have to have breakfast:D

Honchey 08-18-2013 01:57 PM

Oh, Yes, Yes, Yes...

JeanieG 08-18-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 6241524)
Cindy A, yes crumbs ala Bonnie Hunter lol. I love her:)

Cindy and Candi - you have a couple of other Bonnie Hunter Fans here too. Mirabelle has done a lot of her quilts (they are marvelous), and I've done her last three Mystery Quilts. Fun, fun fun!!!
:thumbup:

JeanieG 08-18-2013 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6241526)
If you would like me to do this I will, I will post Block#2 before the 3rd September and then at the end of each month I will post the next two blocks with the unit sizes to cut. Remember to keep any large pieces of fabric you may be able to use them elsewhere.

Now I have to have breakfast:D

Like Honchey says - Yes, yes, yes!!!

CindyA 08-18-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6241707)

Cindy and Candi - you have a couple of other Bonnie Hunter Fans here too. Mirabelle has done a lot of her quilts (they are marvelous), and I've done her last three Mystery Quilts. Fun, fun fun!!!
:thumbup:

I was fortunate enough to be able to take an all-day workshop with her last October. I'm working on half-square triangles (as leaders and enders) for her Jamestown Landing quilt. Candi, I've heard of the crumbs but haven't tried it yet. I can't stand to throw pieces of fabric away as much as we pay for it!!

frustratedquilter40 08-18-2013 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 6241945)
I was fortunate enough to be able to take an all-day workshop with her last October. I'm working on half-square triangles (as leaders and enders) for her Jamestown Landing quilt. Candi, I've heard of the crumbs but haven't tried it yet. I can't stand to throw pieces of fabric away as much as we pay for it!!

I have to say I am a Bonnie fan as well finished my binding on Easy Street on Friday, and I an currently putting on the final outside border on Lazy Sunday. I wish I could say I have made more of her stuff have 3 of her book sthough :o
I need to finish some of my UFO's before the end of November so I can do her fall mystery :thumbup:

JeanieG 08-18-2013 06:36 PM

I can't wait for her Fall Mystery Quilt. It sounds like there may be more of us in this group doing it too! I must admit my last two are still flimsies! Maybe I can get one of them quilted before I start the new mystery.