Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

paintmejudy 12-30-2012 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much.
This was called Jeweled Forest, from a magazine Nov-Dec 2011 and the wall hanging is 3 blocks wide by 4 blocks long, with another border around the sashing and inner border - that is the pix posted here.. I am going to keep it up year round, as I didn't use xmas prints, just all different batik scraps, and it was too much work to only hang for one month out of the year!

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5749864)
Judy, love your pine avatar. I was thinking of doing a tree quilt sometime with all the different tree patterns I could find. But I also like the symetry of yours.

dingle525 12-30-2012 10:44 AM

Alright, here we go. Have to order in supper tonite. Just hate it when I can't get to cooking because I'm busy quilting. LOL.

Dingle

zennia 12-30-2012 10:46 AM

I am so happy to find this thread, I had read and watched your other mysteries. They look like fun. I have never done a scrappy before so am happy to join this train. Now off to sort and cut some of my stash that just sits in the closet waiting for something like this,

JeanieG 12-30-2012 11:03 AM

Looks like lots of fun, I just love scrappy! However, I've got too much going right now to start with you guys. I will keep all the clues and make it when I get a chance! And of course, I'll enjoy the ride with everyone. Love to read all the comments and see the results!

Lstew2212 12-30-2012 11:06 AM

wow, I just love this quilting board. I am excited to start my first project. I am on the train.

paintmejudy 12-30-2012 11:22 AM

dingle, zennia and Lstew, glad to have you join us.

JeannieG, are you absolutely positively sure you cannot fit just one more teeny little project into your life?

mizlew 12-30-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5750185)
dingle, zennia and Lstew, glad to have you join us.

JeannieG, are you absolutely positively sure you cannot fit just one more teeny little project into your life?

Found this board last night and would like to come along for the ride. A mystery quilt that is scrappy sounds like fun. I have lots of scraps and I am looking forward to making this quilt. Thanks for letting me tag a long.

QuiltingKrazy 12-30-2012 12:29 PM

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! Yep I can! Just got all my squares and rectangles cut out and was going to sew some together when.... I sliced my thumb with the rotary blade! dummy me was trying to get the lint and stuff off of it using my thumb. Not smart. I figured I better way for the bleeding to stop before handling any more fabric. Mine is going to be totally scrappy.

bibliostone 12-30-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5750065)
Thank you so much.
This was called Jeweled Forest, from a magazine Nov-Dec 2011 and the wall hanging is 3 blocks wide by 4 blocks long, with another border around the sashing and inner border - that is the pix posted here.. I am going to keep it up year round, as I didn't use xmas prints, just all different batik scraps, and it was too much work to only hang for one month out of the year!

I also love your avatar quilt. Do you have the name of the magazine? Even if I don't already have it, maybe the library does.

roserips 12-30-2012 01:06 PM

Guess I will go diving in the scrap barrel and see what happens!