Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

paintmejudy 01-10-2013 06:58 AM

Quossom, I have a roll of Warm and Natural I bought a while ago and it too sits in a corner. They do take up a lot of room! It's finally become a manageable weight! I hated to buy the poly thin batt for the king star quilt but needed something lighter weight.

Meanmom, I donate a lot of quilts to charity made from a stash given by a friend who no longer quilts, because I really don't need any more either. But I love to make them!

SheriR glad you have decided to un-lurk! And I love the idea of your stash being used for the family quilts, it is a great idea. But if you rented a UHaul to bring it back, I doubt you will run out of fabric! As to size, depends on what you want -- lap quilts are nice, the suggested size I've read on those is about 60 x 72, but doesn't need to be that big. Would take forever to make that many big quilts!

Caroline S 01-10-2013 07:03 AM

I save my batting scraps also. It all gets used eventually. I am making a QYAG quilt and am using a lot of the saved batting strips for it. If the pieces are really small they go in the bits and pieces bag to use as stuffing. I also use the smaller pieces like cotton pads for cleaning my vintage sewing machine. Nothing wasted!

Garnet1265 01-10-2013 10:32 AM

Everyone's quilts are looking so gorgeous! I am ready to start cutting my A and B. Mine is scrappy but with Depression fabric I bought for a swap and never worked with before, and it is really starting to grow on me. I chose a purple and a yellow for the A and B but pictures taken with my phone are too large to upload. I will need to snap them with my camera and then upload later. I have a MAC and have a hard time finding where I can resize the pictures.

Garnet1265

sewNso 01-10-2013 11:06 AM

i sure hope this train gets to the station soon. i can hardly wait. the site seeing has been spectacular, but oh, my, can't we go just a little faster? how about another clue judy? wouldn't you like to see some results before you go on vacation? :o xoxoxoxoxo

Gretchen 01-10-2013 11:10 AM

Slow but Steady

2 Attachment(s)
As the flu is just hitting our house I am making progress but it's slow. I planned on making a King quilt too, I have made 36 blocks, and have my clue 2 pieces cut.... posting a few of my blocks in pick one, pick 2 I have placed my Clue 2 fabrics to get an idea of my colors. I am thinking of throwing in a few yellow/gold stars and orange to add a little spice! Will hopefully start sewing tonight....

Caroline S 01-10-2013 11:14 AM

Your quilt is going to be spectacular Gretchen. Love all of those bold and bright colors. :thumbup:

paintmejudy 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Wow, Gretchen spectacular!

sewNso 01-10-2013 01:26 PM

i see i didn't talk you into it., judy. :)

Pam H 01-10-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Garnet1265 (Post 5776428)
Everyone's quilts are looking so gorgeous! I am ready to start cutting my A and B. Mine is scrappy but with Depression fabric I bought for a swap and never worked with before, and it is really starting to grow on me. I chose a purple and a yellow for the A and B but pictures taken with my phone are too large to upload. I will need to snap them with my camera and then upload later. I have a MAC and have a hard time finding where I can resize the pictures.

Garnet1265

I have used TinyPic to resize my pics on my mac so I can post them here. Now I just take my pics with my i-Pad.

paintmejudy 01-10-2013 02:46 PM

oh no sewnso, you have to be patient. Only a day and a half .......