Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

moonwork42029 01-25-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5810694)
I'd be done if I had a personal presser. Every time I need more pieces they are on the ironing board. I haven't used much stash either, but I've sure made a mess trying to find the scraps I want.

LOL....That's what my Dad is good for :) He actually likes doing it.

paintmejudy 01-25-2013 02:33 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed with all the progress made. The quilts look absolutely fantastic, kudos and a round of applause to all! So, now I am off to see if I can come up with something to stymie you for the the next mystery. See you the end of February. PM me if any questions, I may not be coming back to this thread for a while.

Aurora 01-25-2013 06:16 PM

I am still cutting. Needed more 4 1/2 inch blocks since I decided to go with the large. We were supposed to have a UFO today, but the ice cancelled it and kept me home where cutting space is at a premium. I will have to see if I can get into town early next week to do some cutting. I really want to finish this in the next couple of weeks.

sustraley 01-26-2013 03:54 AM

Took mine to the quilter today. Will be 12 weeks before I see it again. HaHa, will be done piecing the next mystery train ride by then, I guess

meanmom 01-26-2013 08:04 AM

Love the fuschia backing. I like to make my backs fancy like that. I try to use up some of the scraps from the front in my back. I was going to layer mine last night but I seem to be having math problems. My back is a few inches short so I will need to add another strip to it. I have been trying to work on my feathers FMQ so I think I will do round feathers in the 9 patches. Yes once a quilt is washed it puckers up and hides a lot of FMQ mistakes. I also have found that FMQ with a varigated thread hide mistakes too.
I am looking forward to the next mystery train ride. My stash is out of control and needs to be used up. Evie you are right we always think of ourselves last. I have been quilting for 8? years or so and have never made a quilt for myself. The quilt in my avatar is finally mine. I am waiting for it to come back from the longarmer. Them I will nap under my own quilt for once. Everyone in my family has a quilt, now I do too. If we don't take and make time for ourselves no one seems to notice.

Sapphire_Rae 01-26-2013 11:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished the top! She's all ready to quilt, I even have the binding ready, which is scrappy. I purchased a jelly roll of the fabric to finish this; I just didn't have anything for the border in my stash. I love the way it turned out. I will use lavender for the back (the picture with backing/binding is more true to the colors). Gosh I love these train rides! It is so fun to see everyone's fabric choices, each quilt is so unique. See you on the next train.

quilt addict 01-26-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, with the rain most of the day and too muddy to work in the yard I was able to get my top together. I did scrappy from cool colors and did throw them all in a bag and just sewed what came out. First time for that. Not sure when I will get to quilting it. But it was lots of fun. Thanks so much Judy. I will be making some of the smaller ones for cuddle quilts to donate. Still need to work on those flying geese. Only a couple of points cut off but most are too short the other direction. Not sure what you call the point not being up to the seam.

Should get a back for it before I put it away.

See ya all on the next one I hope.

bibliostone 01-26-2013 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my second top. I wasn't too sure about hunter orange and camouflage, but the combination has grown on me. Now I need to take a break from this ride and go finish train ride #3.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390989[/ATTACH]

francie yuhas 01-26-2013 09:43 PM

Sorry! I messed upand got my completed quilt posted in the pictures department. There are 2different entries Look for those listed by francie yuhas. This is my first attemp at posting; thank goodness my quilting is better!

Elisabrat 01-27-2013 05:40 AM

I havent been back in a while but wanted to say I am so impressed with all these quilts. Some are striking some are soft and girly some are real 'old fashioned' looking your right like what was in grandma's closet. I love that title. I have never named my quilts I guess its a common thing to do? a new concept for me like when I hear people are naming their machines. I will have to think on this :) I am excited to see what our dear pal Judy whips up for us. I think she is lounging around some pool somewhere and a pool boy is bringing her exotic drinks and misting here with a little spray bottle while she reads an elm street novel with her big flowered hat. Yup that is what she is doing I am positive.