Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike Your English BOM Quilt-Along - October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-october-t231508.html)

nygal 10-09-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 6338817)
dungeonquilter, love seeing all four together.

I also love your blocks!!

gardnergal970 10-09-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 6338310)
Here is my first block for October, along with a group shop of the blocks.

beautiful blocks and you're one ahead of the pack. Remember we do have two weeks for each block and there are two posting dates each month.:o

Marne...the greens worked perfect.

marne 10-09-2013 04:36 AM

oooh, very pretty.

marne 10-09-2013 04:39 AM

My sister's name is Marnie. You don't hear it often. :)[/QUOTE]

CindyA-where did she get that name from? Mine is a family name-and sounds like barn. You can tell someone doesn't know me-they call me all sorts of things, from Marnie, to Marianne, to Maureen.

Thank you all for your comments on my block-I'm thrilled that I made it work-and I rather like that I got to work a jaguar print in-it is a running joke with a friend.

It is so fun to see all the gorgeous blocks. There hasn't been one yet that I have not thought, oooh, stunning.

Have a lovely day.

Marne

kwiltkrazy 10-09-2013 07:02 AM

Marne- ooh green, rainbow flavored eye candy.

dq- you are going to have one gorgeous quilt when they are all done.

dublb 10-09-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by marne (Post 6338050)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440306[/ATTACH]

Here it is-the green block. I am soooo glad I gave up on pink-the pink will look so good in the next block. The picture is a little dark-the framing fabric has some wavy lines in it. I did most of this today as the Fluff does not have school. Now to clean up the mess that is my sewing area and plot my pinks.

A huge THANK YOU to Mirabelle for the cutting directions.

Green isn't my favorite color but this block might just change my mind! WOW it's lovely!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 6338310)
Here is my first block for October, along with a group shop of the blocks.

WOW your block is ta die for & look at 'em all tagether! :thumbup:

CindyA 10-09-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by marne (Post 6338980)
My sister's name is Marnie. You don't hear it often. :)

CindyA-where did she get that name from? Mine is a family name-and sounds like barn. You can tell someone doesn't know me-they call me all sorts of things, from Marnie, to Marianne, to Maureen. [/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Yes, I did think it was pronounced the same, just spelled differently. My parents went to see an Alfred Hitchcock movie when my mom was pregnant (my sister is the youngest). I can't remember the title, but one of the characters was Marnie. My mom just loved the sound of it. Of course we have to tease her a bit about being named after an Alfred Hitchcock movie but she really enjoys having a unique name.

kwiltkrazy 10-09-2013 11:27 PM

The title is Marnie.

CindyA 10-10-2013 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 6340517)
The title is Marnie.

ROFL Good thing my sister is not going to read this and know I forgot the title.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-10-2013 07:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally the log cabin number three is complete![ATTACH=CONFIG]440551[/ATTACH] I ripped, sewed, and repeated "Rip!"

All all four together, don't know the end will be place mats or quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]440552[/ATTACH]