Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike Your English BOM Quilt-Along - October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-october-t231508.html)

dublb 10-27-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 6369242)
Hi ladies, you I'm done complaining about this block. Here it is, but, if we get another one similar to this I may refuse to do it!! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443250[/ATTACH]

And altogether now:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443251[/ATTACH]

I just cut all the pieces for the next block. So, hopefully I'll get that done soon.

Oh they glow!!!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Barbwork (Post 6369417)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443270[/ATTACH]

Finally able to insert photos... don't know what the problems were, but here they are... Sept and October.

Originally Posted by Barbwork (Post 6369437)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443275[/ATTACH]
October block. Looking forward to November....

I just love 'em!!! Perfect!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 6371343)
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. You guys are awesome!!

Here is block #4:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443487[/ATTACH]

All 4 blocks:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443488[/ATTACH]

I'm still planning on these being placemats. I haven't machine quilted in quite a while but am looking forward to working on these. I doubt I'll have time to get started on that this week.

These will be wonderful placemats! So purdy! :):thumbup:

dutchie 10-27-2013 01:53 PM

I like 'em, CindyA - the vibrant lime green as a constant is just perfect!

Sue

klgreene 10-30-2013 11:33 AM

SYE October

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I am finally caught up with all my October quilting blocks. Just in the nick of time. So here is my second October block and a picture of all 4. I decided to hold off putting the pink around the outside until I am sure what I want to do exactly.

Now one day to rest and start in on Novembers blocks. Although I may be a little behind, because we rescued a little puppy and she comes tomorrow. Never to many sewing machines of puppies. But only 1 cat.

Since I was gone the first two weeks in Oct. Someone has asked if my fabrics were coordinated by the same manufacturer. They were, they are Northcott - Fragrance. The pictures don't do justice to the actual fabric.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-30-2013 11:49 AM

klgreene, I love your four blocks. I don't usually go pink, but love the way you have done your blocks, its beautiful. I will be late with my November blocks due to surgery on my only eye that sees....cataract removal on the 1st. They say 42 hours of blindness before I see again, although I am hoping for a shorter time period of blindness.

klgreene 10-30-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6377337)
klgreene, I love your four blocks. I don't usually go pink, but love the way you have done your blocks, its beautiful. I will be late with my November blocks due to surgery on my only eye that sees....cataract removal on the 1st. They say 42 hours of blindness before I see again, although I am hoping for a shorter time period of blindness.

Good luck with your surgery. It won't take you long to re-coop. I worked for an Eye Surgeon, and just be prepared to actually see again. Such a nice feeling when it's all done and good.

mirabelle 10-30-2013 01:10 PM

Beautiful blocks klgreene, love the softness of the pink and green together, such a classic combo.

deranged_damsel 10-30-2013 02:25 PM

LOVE these blocks KLGreene! great job :D

JeanieG 10-30-2013 04:52 PM

Klgreen - I just love that fabric. Really a great choice, just beautiful!!!

dublb 10-30-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 6377320)
Hi everyone, I am finally caught up with all my October quilting blocks. Just in the nick of time. So here is my second October block and a picture of all 4. I decided to hold off putting the pink around the outside until I am sure what I want to do exactly.

Now one day to rest and start in on Novembers blocks. Although I may be a little behind, because we rescued a little puppy and she comes tomorrow. Never to many sewing machines of puppies. But only 1 cat.

Since I was gone the first two weeks in Oct. Someone has asked if my fabrics were coordinated by the same manufacturer. They were, they are Northcott - Fragrance. The pictures don't do justice to the actual fabric.

I just loooove 'em!!!!!! :thumbup:

Roma Bauder 10-31-2013 07:54 AM

yummmm greens and pinks are great together