Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike Your English BOM Quilt-Along - October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-october-t231508.html)

dublb 10-04-2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces (Post 6329598)
Here we go . . . I really like the secondary pattern - the leaves at the conjuction of the trio. . . GP

Ooooo just gorgeous! I too like 'em comin' tagether like that!:)

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6331200)
Here is my Block #3 and a photo of all of them:

WOW! They are quite lovely! They make me think o' ya.

kwiltkrazy 10-04-2013 09:31 PM

JG beautiful block.

nygal 10-05-2013 03:20 AM

I had to post the pictures of all of my blocks under my PROFILE under BOM. I hope everyone will please take a peek!! For some reason for the past year I have been unable to post pictures in the threads. I use to be able to do it but they won't post. Other's were also having this problem. I don't know why. Thanks for looking!:o

gardnergal970 10-05-2013 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6331364)
I had to post the pictures of all of my blocks under my PROFILE under BOM. I hope everyone will please take a peek!! For some reason for the past year I have been unable to post pictures in the threads. I use to be able to do it but they won't post. Other's were also having this problem. I don't know why. Thanks for looking!:o

Your blocks are lovely. Sorry you can't post them here. I hope everyone goes to your profile and views them.

jeanie...I second Bev...your block is so your. Beautiful.

mirabelle 10-05-2013 04:46 AM

Beautiful group of blocks JeanieG, the pink is really standing out, love them all:thumbup:

nygal your blocks are stunning, you have made them all, well done

nygal 10-05-2013 05:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the rest of my blocks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]439744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439746[/ATTACH]I may have worked on them out of order. I'm ready for more now!!

Groovy Pieces 10-05-2013 07:03 AM

Morning All . . . Thanks for all your kind compliments. Everyone's blocks have turned out beautifully :thumbup:.

Not sure about "Y" seams:confused:. I found a YouTube video on how to sew hexies by machine; it seems 'doable.' Just a thought. . . .GP

gardnergal970 10-05-2013 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces (Post 6331787)
Morning All . . . Thanks for all your kind compliments. Everyone's blocks have turned out beautifully :thumbup:.

Not sure about "Y" seams:confused:. I found a YouTube video on how to sew hexies by machine; it seems 'doable.' Just a thought. . . .GP

That's what I'm going to do. Sewing dot to dot. If you haven't added any sashing and have left your paper on, the dots are already marked by where the corners are. Takes patience and accuracy for the best results but after getting these Hexies done right, it's really just more of the same.

DogHouseMom 10-05-2013 07:51 AM

NYGAL ... great blocks. I like the leopard batik :thumbup:

frustratedquilter40 10-05-2013 07:56 AM

Great blocks everyone!!!!!! Love all the different colors and fabrics everyone has chosen. After adding the outer edges (grey) am really liking the look of just putting them together looking like hexagons. May be some ripping going on before the end of this :p