Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

carriem 09-17-2013 05:16 AM

Jan--before your block was Anael and Mirabelle.

Here's mine. Beatrice wanted to be in the picture too so put her paws out on the footstool when I laid the block down.

carriem 09-17-2013 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here's the picture...I uploaded the wrong one and then when I tried to change it I couldn't...

BTW--Jan, I really like your block too!

jillnjo 09-17-2013 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block no.2-had to run and take a picture of it![ATTACH=CONFIG]436462[/ATTACH] The center is not appliqued yet as I want to watch them all come together and then see if I want to add it.

jillnjo 09-17-2013 05:37 AM

Jan, is that 2 different fabrics you used on the outer "leaves"? I like the idea-hadn't thought of that.

Anael 09-17-2013 06:24 AM

Yeah, more beautiful blocks :)
Carrie, you're lucky, only paws in the picture. If I tried that you wouldn't see a block, just my Killer Kitty :D :D

dublb 09-17-2013 06:26 AM

First I still don't understsand why when I do this it'll post some o' the picts & not others. ????????

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6298319)
It's 10 am on the 17th here:D
So: here's my second block. Looks a bit yellow but isn't!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436443[/ATTACH]

Wow! Your block just glows Anael!

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6298344)
So pretty Anael, love the batik centre. Here is my second block. I am loving these fabrics I acquired.

I just love your center fabric & ya chose the most beautiful fabs ta go w/it. It might not be roses but it does have lovely flowers.

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6298528)
Wow, Carrie & Anael--beautiful blocks. This is going to be a great day--love looking at all the different fabric choices. Here's mine:[ATTACH=CONFIG]436451[/ATTACH]

Now Jan that's just lovely! It seems ta be on fire hmmmm a pink fire. ;)

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6298641)
Ok here's the picture...I uploaded the wrong one and then when I tried to change it I couldn't...
BTW--Jan, I really like your block too!

I love the softer look o' your block. It definitely has your stamp on it.

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 6298666)
Here is my block no.2-had to run and take a picture of it![ATTACH=CONFIG]436462[/ATTACH] The center is not appliqued yet as I want to watch them all come together and then see if I want to add it.

Your fabrics are quite stunnin'. Lovely block!

Honchey 09-17-2013 07:19 AM

Oh well, My girls are ahead of me so from here on out I will give the go-ahead on Midnight of the 16th so they don't jump the gun...:D

Okay everyone let's see your STUFF!!!!

Geat Blocks so far..love all the different colors...

frustratedquilter40 09-17-2013 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow everyone's 2nd block looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here is mine I have decided to add the side pieces and this is what I chose as my side something more neutral because of all the colors in the blocks I wanted the blocks to stand out. The middle spike is a yellow fairy frost does not show up well at least on my monitor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436474[/ATTACH]

JuanitaBean 09-17-2013 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone blocks are looking great and I like all your colors. Here my block #2 not putting corners on until I get them all done and see what they look like together.

janRN 09-17-2013 08:45 AM

Please excuse the Senior Blonde moment this morning. Sorry Anael! I'm getting like my grandmother was--called us all by the other grandkids names so we didn't know who she was talking to. I do love your block; I guess I was already anticipating liking Carrie's--and I do! You never disappoint and the paws add just the right texture to the block LOL.

Jillnjo, I love the bright colors you used. And you ladies are so brave to use stripes! I avoid them like y-seams. I did use 2 fabrics for the outer leaves, thought it added some depth.

FrustratedQ, that is an awesome block. Can I ask what the dotted fabric is in the center? I really like that and need something that reads as neutral but still has some color/movement.

Juanita, your block reminds me of spring time--very pretty!