Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

gardnergal970 09-27-2013 05:05 AM

Posting has slowed Down..I guess everyone is working on blocks 3 & 4. I scrolled back through all of this months and there are many, many well done, beautiful blocks. Someone said that it's an education just to see how each one of us uses color and I second that. Just to comment on the ones since my last comment...
rose rips....I love your unique color combinations. They are unusual but there is something calming and peaceful about them too.
Dungeonquilter...I like how you picked up a color from the flower for the accent. I didn't notice if you did that before or not. The tiny prints show their stuff too.
Mirabs__DD...such bright sparkly blocks. I'm partial to that apple green anyway and with the black background...wow.
Kwuitkrazy...bold and beautiful first block. More coming?
Gramquilter2...your second background is so subtle I didn't catch it until I looked closer. Nice.
I'm keeping a file on my computer of all of the blocks. Not everyone has posted theirs yet so we still have a lot to look forward to with these first two blocks....even if they get completed in months to come.

nygal 09-27-2013 08:26 AM

I just have to do the log cabin block. I saved it for last since it has a lot of little pieces and to me is the more difficult of them. I will try and post pictures of my other three blocks this weekend. I am using all Batiks and it is colorful.

JeanieG 09-27-2013 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished Block 2. These are fun, but time consuming!

kwiltkrazy 09-27-2013 10:33 AM

JG I love your block.

gardnergal970 09-27-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6316826)
I just have to do the log cabin block. I saved it for last since it has a lot of little pieces and to me is the more difficult of them. I will try and post pictures of my other three blocks this weekend. I am using all Batiks and it is colorful.

This thread is for the first two blocks. Honchey will post another thread for October when we will show our 3rd and 4th blocks. Sounds like your are moving right along. Looking forward to seeing your second block!

jeanie...yes they are time consuming but what results! Your fabric looks like the dotted Swiss from my youth. Like it a lot!

marne 09-27-2013 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438422[/ATTACH]

The colors look better in person, but here is my yellow block. I'm not sure how it is going to go with the rest of the colors.........

All of the blocks look so lovely-there are such creative people here!!!! For the October blocks my colors are pink and green (feel free to sing along!!!!) Red and yellow are not my favorite colors and I did not have many of them in my fabric supply. Pink should be quite easy.

Marne

JeanieG 09-27-2013 11:59 AM

Marne, your quilt will be so fun - every block a different color. Love the idea, anxious to see it put together!

dutchie 09-27-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6317013)
I finally finished Block 2. These are fun, but time consuming!

I agree, JeanieG, very time consuming but SO worth it! Your block sings of refreshing colors.

Sue

JeanieG 09-27-2013 03:19 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments on my block everyone!

kwiltkrazy 09-27-2013 04:07 PM

Marne your block is beautiful, can't wait to see the rest