Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

BArnold 01-07-2014 06:09 AM

I made this for my God-Daughter's wedding present. AND it was my first quilt, I spent many of hours spent ripping out seams and starting over. I wish I had started my quilting experience with something a little more tame. It turned out beautiful and she loves it. My own daughter wants one but not sure I am ready to make another one right now. I have others lined up to be made. Good luck and have fun!!

Anael 01-07-2014 06:51 AM

BArnold, you're like me. I started my Sylvia shortly after I started quilting. It has been a learning curve :)

marilynmalloy 01-07-2014 12:47 PM

Well, I've got the book... and I think this is all the excuse I need to order the fabric,.... oh more fabric :) yum.

So I am a bit behind , but will catch up once the fabric gets here I think :) I'll be ready!!

Anael 01-07-2014 12:59 PM

Oh marilynmalloy, how sad you have to go and buy more fabric :D :D
Good luck on the hunt!

marilynmalloy 01-07-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6499191)
Oh marilynmalloy, how sad you have to go and buy more fabric :D :D
Good luck on the hunt!

I promised the husband I would slow down this year... not looking that way. Poor husband.

Anael 01-07-2014 01:54 PM

This year is still young :D

marilynmalloy 01-07-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6499261)
This year is still young :D

Haha. Not likely to slow down to be honest. :) Mmmm, fabric.

Besides, whenever he complains, I can just remind him of our vacation that we started on Jan 1. (and are back from now).
We got to the hotel, and he complained that I didn't bring any quilts with me for his comfort. Or to work on as he rested under the other end (I have a pile I am handstitching the binding on). haha

giquilt 01-09-2014 09:44 AM

Just call my a sucker.......

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455646[/ATTACH]1st week of Sylvia's Bridal Quilt

I got the book because I won a UFO contest last August. When I started seeing all the blocks i could not resist. Will be using the blue as the backgrounds throughout, it was in my stash. Hopefully I can make the whole thing from stash. Need brights during this blue cold winter.

I am also trying to work on my Dear Baby Jane in Pinks and Browns. I have 20 blocks done on it.

marilynmalloy 01-09-2014 09:55 AM

Ordered my fabric last night!!!
Doing it in solids. mainly blues. and a bit of Steel to highlight bits and parts. And white background.

I think it will look quite good.... hopefully it will get here soon so I can catch up. But even a month behind shouldn't be to bad, as long as I am ahead on my other projects in the week it will take for the fabric to arrive...

Anael 01-09-2014 12:08 PM

giquilt, your blocks are great!