Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Judith1005 06-05-2018 12:02 PM

Bravo Nz, those blocks are fantastic!! Your off to a great start.

Macybaby 06-05-2018 01:22 PM

NZ those are really nice - I think the patriotic colorway is going to be spectacular.

I've got all my "give away for sure" tops quilted but one (it's not got backing selected yet) so that means I can start on my next stack. I'm down to 8 tops in the shed, and one completed one in the house. I do have two scrappy in progress tops I should wrap up too, since I already know they can go in the give away stack. I'm going to be hauling about 30 quilts to the family reunion, and hopefully I'll not come back with any.

Now if it was just that easy to give away vintage sewing machines I'd be doing good!

Judith1005 06-05-2018 01:42 PM

MacyBaby, That is awesome. You've done an awesome job finishing up quilts. Your family is going to have a field day.

Teen 06-05-2018 02:50 PM

NZ...fantastic start!!! Love the light blue contrast. This will be a stunner!

Anael....lol....gorgeous new fabric for GW. We deserve fresh new stash once in awhile...especially when starting a new project. I bought some light gray for background for GTSB so I totally get it. Thanks for starting a new thread. See you there too..

Donna....you'll get your inspiration for sashing etc when you lay them out for the first time. it's exciting that you are almost to the point that you are thinking of layouts. Wow... So exciting..

I'm working on my Sylvia....should have her done in a couple of days. I'll be sure to post pics......

auntjo 06-05-2018 03:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well instead of working on the couple new projects sitting on my cutting table I just kept on w/SBS. Gotta get to 'em while I'm at it..., and I had the perfect scraps as I was putting away the left overs from the last couple completed quilts.
Yes I'm going completely scrappy.. will try to do a pic of the group so far when I get back to what I should be working on this week. Todays -
H5 Sylvia's Shooting Star and G9 Modern Tulip.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595590[/ATTACH]

Teen 06-05-2018 04:43 PM

Oh..auntjo...these are outstanding....that shooting star pinwheel star about did my head in ....pieces were so tiny. Yours is perfectly constructed and the colors perfect. Tulip block is gorgeous!!! The leaf fabric is awesome. Would love to see a group shot. These are addicting so I get being "pulled" to do more... Lol...

NZquilter 06-05-2018 04:48 PM

So pretty, auntjo! Your points are perfect too!

oksewglad 06-05-2018 05:30 PM

I gotta quit looking at all these pretty blocks....you make me jealous that you have time to do it...I know it will happen in a few weeks...but....makes me want to sit and sew!

Anael 06-05-2018 09:42 PM

Oh wow auntjo, Teen has said it all!! Stunning blocks!

OK, you will get back to the machine one day. I know it's hard not being able to and wanting it badly.

Macebaby, congrats on finishing so many quilts! Your house must look very empty after giving away 30 quilts.

Judith1005 06-06-2018 04:00 AM

Aunt Jo, two more beautiful blocks. Your SBS is going to shine like a jewel with all those jewel tone colors. I can't wait to see your blocks altogether. Your points are just beautiful. I can't wait to see more.