Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 07-02-2018 07:00 AM

Oh the hard ones this time DonnaPea. The last one reminds me of Christmas :) Well done!!
The beauty of doing a sampler quilt is there are no repeats :)

Teen 07-02-2018 11:56 AM

Awesome blocks, Donna. B6 turned out really cool. 28 to go!!, woohoo!!!

auntjo 07-03-2018 05:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I'm back... What is this 6 month stuff - I've been pecking away at this project for a couple years now. But then again, I really do enjoy having a sampler going on in the background as I have different fabrics from some of the in between projects and sale stuff I manage to get hold of to add in to the variety. Can't finish this one too fast, or I'll just have to start another...

Here's a few more from today. I did do 3 more passes on the Chain Link quilt also.

G2 Oklahoma Dogwood

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597133[/ATTACH]
M2 Wild Goose Chase
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597134[/ATTACH]
and J5 Rolling Stone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597135[/ATTACH]

Anael 07-03-2018 08:54 PM

Mine was at least two years in the making too auntjo!
Beautiful blocks! Love the colours of Rolling Stone :)

Teen 07-03-2018 10:43 PM

Love your blocks, auntjo. Oklahoma really turned out beautiful...that one is a bit challenging if I recall. SBS got me fixated on samplers right now...that may change but that is what is appealing to me currently. I love applique so I'm finding lots of sampler patterns that include pieced blocks and applique. It's not in my DNA to work on more than one quilt at a time. Lol!! Hence the reason I finished SBS in 4 mos. Wish I could but I'm too anxious to see the finished project. You certainly get a lot done quickly even with multiple quilt projects going on at the same time.

Anael 07-03-2018 11:12 PM

DNA can be manipulated :D :D
Start two Jen quilts at the same time ;) See how it works if at all!!

DottyD 07-03-2018 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8087503)
Love your blocks, auntjo. Oklahoma really turned out beautiful...that one is a bit challenging if I recall. SBS got me fixated on samplers right now...that may change but that is what is appealing to me currently. I love applique so I'm finding lots of sampler patterns that include pieced blocks and applique. It's not in my DNA to work on more than one quilt at a time. Lol!! Hence the reason I finished SBS in 4 mos. Wish I could but I'm too anxious to see the finished project. You certainly get a lot done quickly even with multiple quilt projects going on at the same time.

Dear Hannah is a lovely Sampler quilt with a LOT of applique blocks. It is written by Brenda Papadakis - who wrote the Dear Jane Book. I believe the book is out of print now - but maybe you might find one in the library or on Ebay ???

Anael 07-04-2018 03:07 AM

I never liked Dear Hannah. I have the DVD (which was given to me) but not the book.

DottyD 07-04-2018 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8087544)
I never liked Dear Hannah. I have the DVD (which was given to me) but not the book.

I agree Anael, too much applique for me. But I have the book and when I met Brenda Papadakis, she signed it for me and my Dear Jane book !

Anael 07-04-2018 07:07 AM

Not only too much applique but I really dislike the designs! Having the books signed is great!