Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 10-30-2021 09:52 AM

The blocks are from the same designer so they will be similar I guess. I've seen some blocks of Harriet's Journey and I really like them. I'm not going to make another samper any time soon though!
Good luck with yours WMUTeach!

WMUTeach 11-04-2021 06:11 AM

I just finished listening to one of the Elm Creek Quilter's books and got all inspired. I searched my shelf for my copy of the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book and yes, indeed it was there. I took a bit of a meander to refresh my memory and I am amazed at how doable the blocks seem to me now. When I purchased the book I was absolutely overwhelmed. No, I am not starting now only pondering color options. Still going to work at finishing some starts, in-progress and UFO's first.

Anael 11-04-2021 06:18 AM

I felt the same when I first saw the book. I was a complete novice, starting with Sylvia and Dear Jane. What was I thinking LOL!!!
Well, finished both. I always regretted using the original colors for Dear Jane. If I would make another one I would use other colors!!
So......finish your UFO's and start Sylvia. It's a lot of fun making those blocks (well, some not so much haha!)

aymgoa 11-16-2021 04:28 AM

Thank you very much

AYM

DottyD 11-16-2021 10:00 AM

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

2 Attachment(s)
Nice to see you here Anael - hope you are well ! I have just finished all the blocks for Harriet.s Journey ( with some substitutes from Sylvia and The Loyal Union Sampler ) Thought you might like to see some of them !

Anael 11-16-2021 11:02 AM

Wow Dotty!!!! Those blocks are gorgeous! Is the quilt top finished or do you still have to sew them together?
What will be your next project?
I'm well, thanks for asking. And you? You're ok?

DottyD 11-16-2021 11:39 AM

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8520035)
Wow Dotty!!!! Those blocks are gorgeous! Is the quilt top finished or do you still have to sew them together?
What will be your next project?
I'm well, thanks for asking. And you? You're ok?

I am fine thank you Anael - saying that I have had a bit of a problem with my heart in that every now and again it goes into a very fast rate - I am waiting for a procedure to rectify it - but with the pandemic I just have to wait longer than would have done !! I am OK though.
Yes I still have to join all the 100 blocks and the borders etc. Will probably start that when I have some Christmas projects finished !
My next project will be Sampler Spree - a book written by Susan Ache and I have chosen Moda fabric called Cottage Bleu. I have attached a photo ! - I hope !!

Anael 11-16-2021 11:49 AM

So sorry, I read about your heart problems and thought they would have been rectified by now.

No photo LOL. I'll look it up. Never heard of it. Oh found it. Those are really nice blocks and the fabric she used is gorgeous.
Just what I would have done too hahaha!

DottyD 11-16-2021 11:52 AM

I know - Covid has caused far too many problems. I have a telephone call appointment next week - perhaps I will learn more then ! I am having a real problem to post a photo. So sorry !

Anael 11-16-2021 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Same here with the 'normal' care. All is postponed and the Government has asked again to postpone care in favor of those with Covid. Hopefully you will have your heart problems fixed soon!

I'll look the Moda Cottage Blue line up on the internet.