Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 06-30-2014 10:39 PM

It's not a contest Thimblebug :D :D

mirabelle 07-08-2014 04:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Almost forgot to post pics of my 2 blocks for this week:o

Here is Pinwheels 1 and Crown of Thorns

Anael 07-08-2014 08:48 PM

Oh Mirabelle, those are lovely. Look at all the points, perfect ! ! !

mirabelle 07-09-2014 04:14 PM

Thank you Anael, these were the easy ones for the month:D

giquilt 07-11-2014 04:04 AM

Returning to Sylvia, made a block last night, appliqué orange peel (D-9). Not sure when it fits in but at least it got me going. I have kept all the blocks on my calendar, just need to start moving forward. Had lots of travel that took me away from sewing machine. Have been working on UFOs and family members quilts when home. Thanks Anael for keeping us going.

Anael 07-11-2014 04:52 AM

You're welcome giquilt and welcome back! UFO's and family are important too :) Please post your blocks, whether they fit in or not, that doesn't matter. We love to see them!

auntjo 07-11-2014 02:21 PM

I think I'm going to try to join in on the fun even tho I'm quite late in the process. It's not like this one will be completed by the end of this year. The last quilt I worked on here was the Farmer's Wife Sampler which got set aside within the last 10 blocks as my husband died in 2011. Fast forward 3+years later. I have that top finished w/a pieced border & almost on the quilt machine after finally settling into a new chapter in my life in a new place, etc.... Have another quilt started which is mostly on hold because the pattern has a few mistakes in it & I just haven't been enthused enuf to go round it & get er done. Anyway, In catching up on some other office stuff now that I've also had to replace my computer & learn how to navigate & do things I'm used to doing in different programs & formats, I've sat here long enuf to go thru this thread. Even got out my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book which I've had since I started the FWS a few years back. Have written down the "assignments" & even tho I am also considering actually purchasing 4 kits this summer to get some quilts done this year for a change, I really enjoyed the journey, the time spent working on & sharing the making of the FWS blocks in this format. Onward to see if I 'm in tune w/my scrap bins again. Love all the blocks so far...

giquilt 07-11-2014 06:39 PM

Welcome Aunt Jo. (I have a real life Aunt Jo too). Sounds like you have a busy quilt life ahead. Hope to see your FW when done!

Anael 07-12-2014 03:46 AM

Hi auntjo and welcome! We all work at our own pace so don't worry. Looks like you have a lot of plans for the near future :) Looking forward to seeing your finished FW!

Karen G 07-12-2014 04:47 AM

We welcome you, auntjo!