Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/very-special-bow-pony-club-quilt-t159381.html)

tdtdesign 10-10-2011 07:48 AM

Laurie Aaron Hird has been researching the children and their families in her Farmer's Wife Pony Club book. She started a BOW and she's sharing their stories. For me it's making each block even more special.

janRN 10-10-2011 08:06 AM

I've been following the Yahoo postings for PC and there are a lot of beautiful blocks posted.

I'm anxious for this board's Pony Club quilt along to begin in January. Watch for the posting for when we'll be starting. Doing the Farmers Wife quilt with this group was so much fun. Of course, it's a smaller group than Yahoo but the people on here are so talented and encouraging. They're very generous with their knowledge and taught me so much. Can't wait for January and Honchey's great leadership with the Pony Club quilt.

QuiltE 10-10-2011 02:08 PM

Yahooooo .... and a Giddy-Up, and we're on our way in 82 days! :)

wendiq 10-11-2011 06:28 AM

I was going to wait, but like a kid, I have had to start....I do belong to the Yahoo group and the blocks are like potato chips.....can't do just one. I will be making my second this week. I also will follow the BOW here on this board. I honestly doubt that I will be able to do one every week during the Holidays.......It is a fun quilt and the history behind each one is fascinating. Laurie did a great job and now, another lady, is tracing the ancestry ,as best she can, of the pony winners.
If you buy the book, be sure to get the CD that has all the patterns ready to download in either PPing, template or line drawn.

tdtdesign 10-11-2011 06:52 AM

The CD comes with the book. It's in a plastic sleeve inside the back cover. :)

wendiq 10-11-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by tdtdesign
The CD comes with the book. It's in a plastic sleeve inside the back cover. :)

Yes, mine did, but I didn't know if they all came that way. Thanks for making that clear.
Are you doing the blocks?

happymrs 10-11-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq
I was going to wait, but like a kid, I have had to start....I do belong to the Yahoo group and the blocks are like potato chips.....can't do just one. I will be making my second this week. I also will follow the BOW here on this board. I honestly doubt that I will be able to do one every week during the Holidays.......It is a fun quilt and the history behind each one is fascinating. Laurie did a great job and now, another lady, is tracing the ancestry ,as best she can, of the pony winners.
If you buy the book, be sure to get the CD that has all the patterns ready to download in either PPing, template or line drawn.

Is the yahoo group the same one as for the FWS one, or is this new one? If so, could you post a link for it too? Thanks!

happymrs 10-11-2011 07:12 AM

Be careful leaving that CD stored in the back too, mine broke on me that way! You might want to find a safer place to store it1

wendiq 10-11-2011 07:28 AM

I sure will try to send you the link......
it is www.yahoogroups.com/thefarmerswivesponyclubquilt.

tdtdesign 10-11-2011 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq
Are you doing the blocks?

Sadly, I can't right now because of my hands. But I did draw them multiple times in different forms for the book and the CD. Using a mouse doesn't require the same coordination as sewing, though on some days, even that was a challenge. Uh-oh, I think I just "outed" myself as Laurie's designer. :wink:

I enjoy following these groups and seeing the amazing varieties of fabrics everyone uses. I wish there could be a big meeting in one place where everyone could bring their finished quilt. Wouldn't that be something to see!