Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

auntlucy 04-02-2012 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Judy,
My fabric A is directional! Should the "top" of my fabric A be at the point of the goose? I'd like to stick with my fabric A even though the pattern is a little large and is directional. I'm making a template so that I can fussy cut the 6" x 3.25" rectangles to give more hint of the hot air balloons. Before I cut my fabric, could you advise, please?

stitchingpost 04-02-2012 08:26 AM

Thanks ,I have been writting all this down and I saw that 31/2 ,BUT I GOT IT RIGHT NOW on my way to the bird cage

Foxflower 04-02-2012 08:59 AM

Wild horses and wild geese......the train is at my house! Yeah, jumping on board and on my way to the design car!

Jenniky 04-02-2012 12:13 PM

Was on my way to the dome car for the chips and salsa and I got Goosed !!!! Rotfl

Everose 04-02-2012 12:40 PM

Jenniky, was he good looking? If not, give us the description and we'll all hit him as we walk by.

I have more salsa that I would share. Daughter's graduation isn't for another couple weeks, so what I have stashed is available.

Flying geese???? I might have to do wonky ones, as they aren't my favorite. Will have to look at the instructions again.

Did everyone see that my quilt was chosen for free quilting by Darby. I can't wait to see what she does with it. My lucky day. WOW

yayaquilts 04-02-2012 12:40 PM

paintmejudy: what is the size of the flying geese once made? 3" x6"??? I use Eleanor Burns' method to make flying geese using her special rulers. Thanks. I fished step 2 and have the step 3 rectangles pinned on ready to sew. Unfortunately , I have to wait a few days. I had my carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand today. I should be able to sew in a few days.

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 12:57 PM

You probably will like the flying geese with the point where the colors cross to be facing the quilt, so the hot air balloons would have the large part of the balloon at the outside of the quilt. If this isn't clear, I will take a picture of what I mean.

Originally Posted by auntlucy (Post 5110450)
Judy,
My fabric A is directional! Should the "top" of my fabric A be at the point of the goose? I'd like to stick with my fabric A even though the pattern is a little large and is directional. I'm making a template so that I can fussy cut the 6" x 3.25" rectangles to give more hint of the hot air balloons. Before I cut my fabric, could you advise, please?

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 12:59 PM

Finished size of the flying geese will be 5-1/2" long by 2-3/4" wide. Don't know how to advise you if you are using a special ruler, I am not familiar with them. I just make geese the old fashioned way with rectangles and squares. Sorry.

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5111007)
paintmejudy: what is the size of the flying geese once made? 3" x6"??? I use Eleanor Burns' method to make flying geese using her special rulers. Thanks. I fished step 2 and have the step 3 rectangles pinned on ready to sew. Unfortunately , I have to wait a few days. I had my carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand today. I should be able to sew in a few days.

SunlitenSmiles 04-02-2012 02:26 PM

These are the largest geese I have ever made....and they are 'hungry birds' finished off all the wild bird seed in the feeder..... but...they are kinda cute, well....very cute....won me over.

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 02:32 PM

Glad I made you happy, sunlite! I think you will like the way the flock gets assembled.