Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Foxflower 04-02-2012 08:05 PM

irishrose, if you are still up and working on quilts you need some caffeine with that sugar! I always make mistakes when I'm tired and end up spending lots of time picking out stitches So, I suggest you head for the sleeping car immediately and meet us bright early tomorrow morning. The brownies and ice cream sound good for breakfast. Or how about eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits with a tall glass of OJ? I'm on pacific time, so maybe I'll see you at brunch.

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 02:19 AM

Good Morning everyone.......yummmy biscuits, glad the geese did not eat them......I checked and they are in their box snuggled up with the quilt center...it is a wonder what a little vodka in the water (distilled) of the pressing mist will do.

suzeq45 04-03-2012 05:37 AM

Sounds like fun, I would love to join. Never have done this before.

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by suzeq45 (Post 5112848)
Sounds like fun, I would love to join. Never have done this before.

begining is first post on page one
second set of inst. are posts #312,313,316
third set of inst. post #663
fourth set of inst. post #1003

post number is in upper corner your post # was 1043

Hope this helps !!!! Welcome aboard !!!

marytoddliz 04-03-2012 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know now why I am a night owl! The morning time is confusing! I went to bed early last night was tired~ I am training for a Marathon and my old body is having trouble...

But back to my problem at hand. I found some fabric that I thought was the same as the F fabric I used in my Mystery Quilt. so this morning I was going to put that last strip on and start with the 'wild' Geese you all are having a time with~ The Fabric does not match!!!

So what do I do? Do I start over and do all the same? Or od I "Get over it" and sew on the last strip the Wrong Color??

HELP!!!!!!! I am pulling out my hair~

marytoddliz 04-03-2012 06:47 AM

See how close they are! But the one I used originally has a marbled black-ish line running through it that the new fabric does not! I do not remember where I got the originally one from, could have been any where! It does not show up a lot in the picture but it does enough to me to make me pause and go "Hummmmm"

gramajo 04-03-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5113045)
See how close they are! But the one I used originally has a marbled black-ish line running through it that the new fabric does not! I do not remember where I got the originally one from, could have been any where! It does not show up a lot in the picture but it does enough to me to make me pause and go "Hummmmm"

It's close enough. I'd use it. It's not like it will be up against your original fabric. It will add a little interest to your quilt.

paintmejudy 04-03-2012 07:15 AM

marytodd, it is so close you will not notice any difference. It will be fine. Same color, different pattern. Works for me!

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 07:31 AM

is that the 'other' side of the fabric? ok, i am the bad guy.....you could do the 'border' pieces in the found fabric and leave the center star in the original fabric....or you could just take off one side (border)of the original fabric and have the (border)sides match across and call it a design decision.

p.s.you will see my "design decisions" when we sew the geese on....

Oksewnsew 04-03-2012 07:43 AM

Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose.. :thumbup: