Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

coopah 04-11-2012 05:04 PM

Thanks, paintmejudy! Looking forward to the next mystery.

marytoddliz 04-11-2012 05:30 PM

I am back home from Son's, had a great visit now ready to start sewing in the am. Taught my 14 year old grand son how to sew. He was patient with me when I went over the basics, finally he said "Grandma, I only want to make a sock puppet, maybe some other day I will want to learn how to make a quilt"! I guess I got a bit ahead of myself!

So tomorrow the wild geese will be flying here.

QuiltE 04-12-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5133121)
:D Don't have much of a stash compared to most people! I could cringe now at all the fabric I tossed in the early days of quilting. Did not have a clue that all those small pieces could be used. It was not until I found Bonnie Hunter a few years ago that I found out how to keep and use all those small pieces.

And a great job you have been doing with all those pieces and your BH creations!

QuiltE 04-12-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5132569)
QuiltE - thanks. This makes Halloween wall quilt number 7, I think. No, we aren't called the Addams Family to my knowledge. Not that it would be a bad thing. :) People DO come from blocks away to watch me set up my outdoor display, though.
We all do such nice work.:)

Sure wish I was close by to be able to check it out. Do you have all the scary sound effects too? There's a couple of homes here that do similar at Halloween and Christmas ... and encourage donations to the Food Bank in appreciation.

AnngelAnne 04-12-2012 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5133390)
Anngel, those blacks and whites are wonderful. If you were closer I would raid your fabrics.

Ladies - 100 mini cupcakes, 2 double batches of banana bread and 2 pans of Danger Bars. I am almost done baking and I only licked the bowl once. Can't wait for next week and I can quilt again. My quilt came back from Darby - I won the free quilting and it is awesome.

Take care - happy quilting.

You can raid my stash if you wish, but those black and whites are all gone now, finished using them in that quilt and a string quilt after. Sorry. Your baking sounds wonderful, what is a danger bar?

AnngelAnne 04-12-2012 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at that, I managed to get step two done last night, now on to step three. I might have a chance to catch up here.

Jenniky 04-12-2012 05:45 AM

Love your Fabrics Anngel.... Glad you've been able to hop on the train. Will look forward to seeing a post of your Step three. :) :) :) :) :)

dotcomdtcm 04-12-2012 05:48 AM

Sure you can catch up & clue 3 is fun!

AnngelAnne 04-12-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5135069)
Love your Fabrics Anngel.... Glad you've been able to hop on the train. Will look forward to seeing a post of your Step three. :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks. I bet I take longer to put colors together than anyone I know. But I'm finally happy with this. And I am really glad I got on this train. Hoping I can do step three tonight after I get home from work. Time will tell.

works4me 04-12-2012 05:50 AM

QuiltE -several items like the witches and grim reaper make sounds. I even have a skeleton in a cage that screams things like "Help. Let me outta here. I was framed I tell ya. I was framed. I want the display to be fun and engaging, not frightening. I also put out a 7 foot tall, fully decorated, black tree.

And we give away full-sized chocolate bars. We are very popular. :)

AnngelAnne: I knew it would look great, and it does. Well done.

I started cutting my step 4 last night. Didn't get too far but still plan to have it done in time for the final leg of our train trip.