Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SunlitenSmiles 02-25-2012 08:02 AM

white pine B,C,D,E are all 2 1/2 by WOF so you could probably choose these at your LQS. they are usually rolled up and in a basket by the registar......this would save you piecing fat quarters......another option would be skinny quarters. My LQS even has 6 inch by WOF great for when you just need a bit of something or a lot of variety

kuntryquilter 02-25-2012 08:13 AM

I am looking forward to this mystery. I am going now to choose my fabrics. How do I post a picture?
Thanks

SunlitenSmiles 02-25-2012 08:30 AM

This is so much fun, and new additions every day......thank you for starting this !!!!!!!!

wish everyone had what state or province or country because it is such fun that we are all over the map

I am in Burbank which is in Los Angeles County in California and I noted one mystery solver in Camarillo which is Ventura County the next county north and about 75 miles

and Arizona is due East about 600 miles

paintmejudy 02-25-2012 08:55 AM

Never pass up a chance to go shopping!

But yes, you will be able to use scrappy. If you are undecided, you can wait until the next set of instructions are posted on 3/5. At that point you may be able to more easily see where this is going and can then pick your fabrics.

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5007136)
I've never done a mystery quilt and this is a small commitment so I'm excited to jump in. I'm fairly new so I don't have a stash and was waiting to go shopping. LOL. Really, I only have two pieces that are still a full quarter yard. But Judy, since you orginally said it could be scrappy, and just above you said we could use fat quarters, maybe I can use what I've got. I've still got a week to decide. I think shopping would be more fun.

paintmejudy 02-25-2012 08:58 AM

I think six of these fabrics would go well with your mystery. Very pretty colors.

Originally Posted by debtex (Post 5007145)
Well, since you said "novice" and I picked up these pretty pretty fabrics that I have no idea what to do with, I'm going to join! Here are some sunny fabrics I think I'll use. I grabbed 7, not 6, so I will eliminate either the pale yellow (currently at "C") or the pale green print (currently at "E"). The bold solid yellow is my dominant color.

So excited!
:)

paintmejudy 02-25-2012 09:00 AM

Only 400 miles, Sunlit! My daughter lives in Long Beach and I am on the east side of Phoenix, 405 miles door to door. LOL

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5007281)
This is so much fun, and new additions every day......thank you for starting this !!!!!!!!

wish everyone had what state or province or country because it is such fun that we are all over the map

I am in Burbank which is in Los Angeles County in California and I noted one mystery solver in Camarillo which is Ventura County the next county north and about 75 miles

and Arizona is due East about 600 miles

grammy27 02-25-2012 01:36 PM

I want to play too. Gonna check my color wheel.

paintmejudy 02-25-2012 03:12 PM

Welcome, grammy, glad you can join the fun.

Everose 02-25-2012 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally found the fabric (I think) for the mystery quilt. What do you think?[ATTACH=CONFIG]315360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315360[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 02-25-2012 05:03 PM

I don't know about anyone else but I like it.

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5008409)
Finally found the fabric (I think) for the mystery quilt. What do you think?[ATTACH=CONFIG]315360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315360[/ATTACH]