Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

AnngelAnne 04-27-2012 08:40 AM

Well, I sure didn't mean to stir the pot. Excited about all I'm learning I guess.

SheriR 04-27-2012 09:39 AM

I post alot of the quilts I love here on Pinterest. That's how I save what I love. Lots of strangers linger there. :D

Hearts to you AnngelAnne. You've not stirred the pot. I think it was a fun project to share with your friends. I'd be flattered if someone wanted to share an idea I had. <3

DoriDeS 04-27-2012 09:45 AM

Just been reading and following this blog...found that the quilts turned out quite nice :o) as for you SunlitenSmiles....not sure that I would want to be part of a blog that doesn't share the tips we learn as quilters..and really you didn't make a new block or create a new tip at all ..really you don't even have to be part of the thing to make the project....As a quilter and member of this board tell me who really cares if you get credit!!!! I find that sharing what we learn is better than keeping it to ourselfs and the more we learn the better we quilt and the happier we are!!! Quilt on Ladies :o) !!!!

AnngelAnne 04-27-2012 09:50 AM

Well thanks everyone, don't feel quite so guilty now. And thanks to everyone that has taught me things.

ScrapQuilter 04-30-2012 07:25 PM

Love the quilts and love the answer about the sharing.............. Maybe the next time I will join the mystery.

Jenniky 05-01-2012 03:23 AM

Lesson I have learned and will share about mystery's. It is bad sport to lay out your squares in any order until the project is revealed, Im doing a mystery on another board and everyone started posting pics of there squares laid out in all manners.. other peeps got offended. Im not one to want to offend so I will defer from doing this in any mystery quilt project again. And I realized I had done it here on this thread also. Im sorry. But as for the rest all I have to say is................................ IS IT May 9th yet... lol I cant wait for the next train to leave the station.. Ha ha.. Hugs everyone..

QuiltE 05-01-2012 05:08 AM

That's part of a mystery ... everyone having their idea as to how the project is going to look and sharing what they have done! So what if you arrange yours one way, I mine, and others in different ways. That's part of the FUN!

Usually mystery projects are given out in a mixed up order, to keep the surprise. You go along thinking it's going to look like such and then all of a sudden bang-pow, the last clue throws you for a big loop and suddenly a new identity ... and often a wow look. What you're describing are control freaks with their knickers in a knot ... and ruining your fun!

In this case, it was a smaller project with a lot of the obvious with the order leaving less surprise to it. Think of it this way ... if the geese had been made earlier, and the star patches not added to the strip sets til the very last step ... I think we would have seen some creative displays in the lead up.

Don't let those others intimidate you and ruin your FUN!!!!!

jaba 05-01-2012 05:44 AM

Well said, Paintmejudy!! It also makes me wonder how this board has so many members, don't you think it came from someone telling a friend about it, that friend telling another and so forth. They say word of mouth is the best advertising and as far as I'm concerned, we quilters need all the advertising we can get. Without it why would companies come out with new fabric choices, threads, etc........just wondering????

Havplenty 05-01-2012 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5184830)
That's part of a mystery ... everyone having their idea as to how the project is going to look and sharing what they have done! So what if you arrange yours one way, I mine, and others in different ways. That's part of the FUN! .... What you're describing are control freaks with their knickers in a knot ... and ruining your fun!

Don't let those others intimidate you and ruin your FUN!!!!!

touche!!!:thumbup: the control freaks are every where. also a designer is able to copyright the instructions to their design but certainly not the blocks. it's okay to share ideas. there are numerous threads on copyright listed on this board. this is a public board that anyone on the web can have access to, so do not think for a moment that anything is private once posted here.:) thinking about joining the next mystery as it seems you all had a blast.

paintmejudy 05-01-2012 06:08 AM

Well said, everyone!

And yes, Havplenty, we've been having a blast, this has been a great group. You gotta join us for the next ride on May 9th!