Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Block-of-the-Month, March 2013 - Lucky Clover Photos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma Bauder View Post
    Here is my March BOM.
    This onew was easier for me .Maybe because I took more time. I did watch a tut that showed me how to do the Y seamsAttachment 400536
    Roma...........your March 2013 BOM block, has turned out really great!! I just love the color's & fabric's that you picked out to put together, they play so well together too. I am glad to know that this one was easier for you to get done. Now all we have to do it wait for April's BOM block to get here. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Roma, I love the red white and blue! and I really like the black and white with the green. I am rethinking my splash of color, as i am doing a black and white themed quilt, I might just change my splash of color every month, after all each month does have it's own color, well in my mind it does! LOL Now I am going to go and play with this block to see how I can add a touch of Green for March!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Marytoddliz..........I Love your idea of changing your slpash of color for each month. What a great idea & I will be anxiously waiting to see your March 2013 block when it's all done!! You are going to have a spectacular quilt by the end of the year.

Thanks for your opion SulaBug this is all new and am having a great time doing BOMs

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone... I am finally caught up... here are the pictures of my Jan, Feb, and March Blocks. I had a lot of fun making them. I did not end up doing in PP.. I used the templates and Kicked those Y-seams ... Im feeling pretty good about Y-seams now. I am thinking of redoing March because it came exactly 12 sq" so I dont have my 1/4" seam like the others. Have an awesome day .. Ya all. !!

Name:  JanuaryBOM2013.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  101.7 KB Name:  FEBBOM2013.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  94.9 KB Name:  MarchBOM2013.jpg
Size:  110.7 KB
    Last edited by Jenniky; 03-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Have an awesome day!

That's going to be a pretty quilt!

Very nice Jenniky. I like how you changed the focus so the pink blends differently in each block.
    :-)
    CAS

Here is my March block. Sticking with the black/white theme I started in January. None of my blocks are measuring up exactly the same, but I will worry about that in December.
    Name:  DSCN0544.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  1.36 MB

Yummm Love the colors. good Job

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for you wonderful comments.. here is my second attempt at the March BOM. I like this one even better. I will still try to work the first one into the quilt though..because it has its own charm.. Ha Ha.

Name:  secondmarchbom.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  92.1 KB
    Have an awesome day!

Wow your block play well together. Like your fabric choices.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Hello everyone... I am finally caught up... here are the pictures of my Jan, Feb, and March Blocks. I had a lot of fun making them. I did not end up doing in PP.. I used the templates and Kicked those Y-seams ... Im feeling pretty good about Y-seams now. I am thinking of redoing March because it came exactly 12 sq" so I dont have my 1/4" seam like the others. Have an awesome day .. Ya all. !!

Name:  JanuaryBOM2013.jpg
Size:  101.7 KB Name:  FEBBOM2013.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  94.9 KB Name:  MarchBOM2013.jpg
Size:  110.7 KB
    Jenniky.........Welcome to the 2013 BOM project. Your blocks are wonderful & the color's you chose to put together are just yummy!! What a pretty quilt you will have by the end of this year. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today.

PS: I just now saw your second attempt at your March block & I love it too. I just know that all four of your blocks will be great together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
    Here is my March block. Sticking with the black/white theme I started in January. None of my blocks are measuring up exactly the same, but I will worry about that in December.
    Name:  DSCN0544.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  1.36 MB
    Pyffer3...........Your March block for the 2013 BOM project has turned out wonderful too!! I am very partial to the black & white color's together. You will certainly have a very stiking looking quilt by the end of the year. Good Work.

March BOM

Finally was able to post mine had trouble getting pic to load
    Everyone's blocks are looking so good can't wait for April's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by czpainter40; 03-11-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    Diana

I can do all things through Jesus Christ which strengthens me.....He is my Rock!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by czpainter40 View Post
    Finally was able to post mine had trouble getting pic to load
    Everyone's blocks are looking so good can't wait for April's
    Diane................What a pretty block for your March BOM 2013, block. The color's are so soft & Eastery looking, very nice work. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here on the Quilting Board. I LOVE it!!

Okay ladies finally after a correction my March block is ready! I printed my Lucky Clover templates out of EQ7 to the size I needed and all went just great!

Oh I am working on April's block....just finished cutting out the pieces and will work on it tomorrow.
    Cataract surgery Wed so will be couple of days before I get it finished. It's a pretty one!

Hugs,
    Betty

It is a pretty one!

Here's mine. The oranges really do match better than the picture looks. I'm doing a second one with one large center block but for now here's the first one. Y seams and I may not be BFF's but I'm getting better at them.

Name:  2013-03-11 17.58.41.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  150.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sula for your warm greeting and I love all the different fabrics I am seeing being used in the 2013BOM's in the first three months. Im super excited to see what is in store for us next month.
    Have an awesome day!

Here is my first block of the month that I have ever done. I enjoyed learning how to play with Y seams and I'm looking forward to catching up!

How does one get started with this and are there links to instructions for this month and the previous ones? I have an awful time manuvering this board so any and all help appreciated. Thank you

Hi sew diva
    Try this link it will explain how it all work for this month then change March for January and February. The for each month after watch out on the 1st of each month for a new one. Hope this helps

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-march-2013-lucky-clover-directions-discussion-t215151.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    Okay ladies finally after a correction my March block is ready! I printed my Lucky Clover templates out of EQ7 to the size I needed and all went just great!

Oh I am working on April's block....just finished cutting out the pieces and will work on it tomorrow.
    Cataract surgery Wed so will be couple of days before I get it finished. It's a pretty one!

Hugs,
    Betty
    Betty............WOW, your black & white combination block for March 2013 with a splash of color, really turned out gorgeous. I love how it turned out & am so glad that you were able to get it done before your eye surgery. I bet all of your blocks are going to look so nice together. You mentioned that you are starting the April block, does this mean you have picked the April block out? Now we will have to bug you until it's time to post it the first of April!! Take care of your eye & we will see you when you post next. Good LUCK!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia42 View Post
    Here's mine. The oranges really do match better than the picture looks. I'm doing a second one with one large center block but for now here's the first one. Y seams and I may not be BFF's but I'm getting better at them.

Name:  2013-03-11 17.58.41.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  150.4 KB
    Trivia42..........your first block for the BOM 2013 project couldn't have turned out any nicer. The colors you chose to put together are wonderful & your Y seams look great. We will all be anxious to see your second block, with the solid center too. That is the way I chose to make my block. Keep up the good work & keep sharing your pictures with all of us here on the Quilting Board!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern124 View Post
    Here is my first block of the month that I have ever done. I enjoyed learning how to play with Y seams and I'm looking forward to catching up!
    Southern124...........Oh my Goodness, your first BOM block for 2013 has turned out lovely & we can hardly wait to see the others, as you get caught up. Will you be using this same color combination with your other blocks too? It will be a very pretty quilt. Keep up the wonderful work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast