Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Rhonda's Sample Quilt Along - Week 19 >

Rhonda's Sample Quilt Along - Week 19

Rhonda's Sample Quilt Along - Week 19

Old 11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Here we are again. Week 19. The weeks just keep rolling by! This week I have two differant HST quilt blocks and a Drunkard's Path quilt block.

Remember they may look hard but with my cut down methods they are easy to do!

As usual you can find my directions for using my cut down methods to make the "Blocks" by following this link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1020

And you will find all of the weeks here in the Virtual Sections:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1017

I encourage all who are working on the quilt blocks to post your pictures so we can share in the journey!!

As you work through the process on each quilt block you might think about sharing how you put them together. Pictures of your quilt blocks in progress are really fun to see too. so post on the Picture Thread for this Sampler Quilt! I look forward to seeing these quilts done!!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-70984-1.htm

Hope you enjoy working on these quilt blocks!! If anyone has any question please don't hesitate to let me know!
Have fun!

Caroline - layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135448[/ATTACH]

Anna - Half Square Triangle blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135459[/ATTACH]

Anna - layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135460[/ATTACH]

Adrianna - Drunkard's Path
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135461[/ATTACH]

Adrianna - layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135462[/ATTACH]

Caroline - Half Square Triangle Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135463[/ATTACH]

Slight Variation on Caroline - notice the gold --The Blue and Gold look like fish to me which are caught in the pinwheel and are going around and around. . It is fun what just adding those 4 touches of gold do to make the design look differant. I also can see the gold as part of the pinwheel blades. I love to see secondary designs in the pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135467[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135443.jpe   attachment-135454.jpe   attachment-135455.jpe   attachment-135456.jpe   attachment-135457.jpe  

attachment-135458.jpe   attachment-135462.jpe  
Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM

I'm using the Rhonda method to cut down HST to make my sis's quilt right now. *SO* easy. *SO* accurate. And THEN...after this one...I am making Rhonda blocks. No other commitments until the new year soooo...RHONDA blocks it is! :wheeee!:
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Is it Sunday already. hehehe I will have to do Anna, that's my mom's name. But I really do have to get started on those wing blocks now that I have the templates. You did it again Rhonda!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
Is it Sunday already. hehehe I will have to do Anna, that's my mom's name. But I really do have to get started on those wing blocks now that I have the templates. You did it again Rhonda!!!
thank you ladies!! sometime I will have to show you the versions that I didn't use! for every quilt block I post there is usually 4 or 5 versions I didn't post. I have a hard time deciding sometimes on just one.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Oh Rhonda, I love the Anna and Adrianna blocks. I am so glad that I have the templates from you.......
Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM

I have a hard time deciding which ones to use also. I think I only need 30 12" squares for my daybed cover, and have at least 15 or 20 made. Soon I'm going to have to lay them all out so I can decide if I should change any colors, or need to add more of one kind of block. At least I'm not in a big hurry to finish this since you have so many blocks you still want to do. You are keeping me busy girl!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I was afraid I had missed this thread today. Thank you Rhonda!!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I was afraid I had missed this thread today. Thank you Rhonda!!
LOL I have had my 12 yr old grandson since a week ago last Fri except he went home for school Mon and Tue and came back on Tue after school. Then I got Joey also 12 on Thurs after we had dinner he stayed. and Sat I got Rachel 8 and the twins Devon and Daymon 7. So 5 grands have kept me busy!! Everyone went home about 2pm this afternoon and I could finish up and get these posted! I did design the first two on Fri and worked on the last one last night and again this aft. I couldn't make up my mind which one on Adrianna I wanted to post. BTW Adrianna is my great granddaughter.

I do prefer to at least post by mid aft but time got away from me.