Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

JeanieG if you remember the same thing happened with the Pony Club quilt, a lot of people showed interest and then never posted a block.
    Karen

Oh well, you all know why I don't post blocks!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Where is everyone????? What I mean is, we had over 65 people say they were interested in doing these blocks, and only about 32 people have posted blocks! Are you guys hiding out there??? Come on, we want to see your blocks!
    I am working on my blocks slowly and hope to get caught up after Christmas presents are finished. I also have not had good luck posting my pictures.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

I am still here, too! I haven't taken a picture of the last block yet, but will get it done this week. Still love the blocks and how they look!
    jillnjo

Jeanie... I'm here...LOL Maybe after they get them done we will see more people and blocks.

Mine is done, just have to take a picture and post. Just checked and the next block has been posted for those that want to keep piecing.

I did download all the patterns after four, available, and copied/printed all the patterns to date to paper piecing paper...will think about colors to use on five and six. Looking forward to GG beautiful work on her SYEs.

Two weeks are seeming like two years....my fingers are itching to sew a few seams...but I do not want to do to much before the doctor's say its OK to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Just checked and the next block has been posted for those that want to keep piecing.
    I am all done with all they have posted on their website. I really am enjoying these "blocks". Will have to wait until Dec. for next one if they post one over there. I sure hope so!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I am here too. I have finished all my commitments to other swaps and things and am ready to concentrate on the pp. I am a learner at this and have had a few practice segments I think I'm getting the gist of it so I am going to start the blocks and by the time Xmas gets here hope to be caught up with everyone.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction View Post
    I am here too. I have finished all my commitments to other swaps and things and am ready to concentrate on the pp. I am a learner at this and have had a few practice segments I think I'm getting the gist of it so I am going to start the blocks and by the time Xmas gets here hope to be caught up with everyone.
    I'm lookin' forward ta seein' what ya come up with. Take your time though & we'll be here when ya git 'em done.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I am working on the next to last one. Got one spoke going. Just kind of lost intrest.

C'mon, Roma!! Your blocks are so nice, I look forward to seeing them. Let us cheer you on. I had to force myself to finish the Tiger Stripe one--didn't like it at all but now that it's done, I'm okay with it. I think we all go through the lack of interest phase at some point. Just know we're here for you!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Im having a hard time getting motivated as well, it just take SO LONG to make one block! I think its because Im used to doing FOUR painstakingly slow sections... and not SIX! oh well I just keep plodding along!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Blog Entries
    The slow process was one of the reasons why I dropped out so early. I still love the block I did, but I need to keep my BP low and PP'ing is not the way for me to do it!!!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Practice makes perfect; slow going, but worth it when you finish. Is that not what we told our kids years ago, that is repeated by them today?? Patience is a virtue; I still want to get back in the saddle and sew!

I'm the opposite. I wish we had three or four to do each month!! I really have to consider getting out the 50 paper pieced block book that I bought last year. The problem is I will have too many quilt tops and not many quilted!! As it is I have a few queen size quilts that I MUST begin to hand quilt ASAP. I think I will stop at Joann Fabrics tomorrow and buy the batting. Then I can get busy on one of the quilt tops while I continue to wait for our next block to be posted. I am getting them from the site since they are still putting one up each month.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Yea!! I see at the website (where we are getting our blocks from) they just posted a new block. I don't want to wait until the new year to work on more of them. It's called Yuletide and it has trees on it!! I know what I'll be working on today!!

I had to order some RED batik today online. I didn't have any at all. Wish I could have found it in my city but no such luck.

Don't you hate that when you have to order more fabric??? Yeah, right! Went on a shopping trip Wednesday and came home with just a few FQs, no particular plans for them but they jumped in my arms and said take me home so I did. Downloaded the new SYE and pulled some fabric for it, hope to start it tomorrow.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2017 at 05:48 AM. Reason: language

All of the blocks are beautiful. I have copied the patterns and hope to start them soon.

Blessings!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Just love the new block thats in. I may do it soon. I wish it would warm up some. I have to go to the shed to sew here in AZ. I do have a heater I could start up. Humm? Maybe tomorrow it might be a little warmer.

Finally have time to get busy. First one done and working on the second one. I'll post pictures when I have September done- it's only mid December so I'm just a bit behind, but have enjoyed looking at all the inspiring blocks posted.

We look forward to seeing your blocks, gvolle44. Since we're taking December off, you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

I should get busy, I'm far behind on the SYE blocks

Thank you QNS. The Sylvia top has 140 blocks though, not 95. Those 95 are my finished DJ blocks

YES, I would love to have some virtual ones. Better for my waistline too

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast