Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    if i recall that was advice to one particular set of strips where one strip was close in tone and value to the fabric 'F'

fabric 'F' is not part of the strip set, only the five 2 1/2 inch strips

The 'formal' instructions were to arrange in an order pleasing to you

Now back to the club car where the songs have traveled thru the decades and the electric slide folks just finished their marathon
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 03-10-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juropat View Post
    I hope this posting works - this is what I chose for my mystery..
    I do like your choices Juropat. In fact I think everyone's choices are great. Every quilt is going to be so different. That is what is so fun about this mystery quilt.
    Sweet Caroline

Abonda I love your fabric colors. They go together so good. The quilt is going to be beautiful.

Everybody's blocks are so pretty!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    one week and one day and the train picks up the next clue........Tea and scones in the dining car.......and there are oatmeal scones with maple sugar glaze.

OK,Sunlite, now I get your adgenda -- you're trying to get all of us fat! (Can I preorder two oatmeal scones?) Meet you in the dining room by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.

And I know you are anxious, but breathe deeply, relax and enjoy the week. Next Monday will be here before you know it.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-11-2012 at 08:13 AM.

I want to try this. Are we swapping or is the blocks we create for our own. Whatever, I am in.
    I have subscribed to the thread.
    Pat
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    hello Patsy welcome aboard.........cannot wait to see your fabric, I actually have some fabric from Illinois that I bought when visiting in Lindenhurst (Goooo! Lakes Eagles)

the cheering and the BLUE brought to you by my grandson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by homecaregiver View Post
    I want to try this. Are we swapping or is the blocks we create for our own. Whatever, I am in.
    I have subscribed to the thread.
    Pat
    No swapping, it is your quilt.
    Sadiemae

Decided to start a second mystery quilt when I came upon my Halloween leftovers!
    Dotty in NYC

I bet that will be cute Dottie.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Decided to start a second mystery quilt when I came upon my Halloween leftovers!

Blog Entries
    Dotty that is a great idea.......I have a ton of fourth of july theme fabric........wow

Ooooo that will be so cute, Dotty.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Finally got mine done...I used scraps I had of partial 2 1/2" strips to make sure my seams were right...& saw Judy's scrappy version, so just grabbed ALL the partial 2 1/2" strips & made the 4 blocks like the step #2 called for...then I re-read Judy's post for the scrappy & you make 16 (?)...if I made a scrappy 50"x60" (or thereabout) how many scrappy squares would I need? It's a good way to use those partial strips, but I don't know if I need 16. Please help, Judy!!! Anyway, here's the dragonfly version (original post) & the start of a scrappy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Finally got mine done...I used scraps I had of partial 2 1/2" strips to make sure my seams were right...& saw Judy's scrappy version, so just grabbed ALL the partial 2 1/2" strips & made the 4 blocks like the step #2 called for...then I re-read Judy's post for the scrappy & you make 16 (?)...if I made a scrappy 50"x60" (or thereabout) how many scrappy squares would I need? It's a good way to use those partial strips, but I don't know if I need 16. Please help, Judy!!! Anyway, here's the dragonfly version (original post) & the start of a scrappy.

If you recall, PaintMeJudy advised the pattern we are making is for a 28" block.
    So .... if you are wanting something larger, that's where you will make the decision, whether you need 2, or 4 or 6 etc.!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Thanks, I'm happy with the blocks also. The kitty fabric is actually my ironing board cover. Although I have over 120 different kitty fabrics, I don't have this one.

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    I love your blocks and I love your Kitty fabric, I want to see more of that fabric! where did you get it?
    dotcomdtcm, Halloween fabrics sound great. I have over 100 of those, too, but plan to wait until I see how this mystery turns out before deciding if I use some of the Halloween stash. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours.

Everyone's blocks are awesome so far.

Thanks dp679 I can hardly wait for the next step..... does anyone know when? Is it the 19th?
    Quote Originally Posted by dp679 View Post
    Abonda I love your fabric colors. They go together so good. The quilt is going to be beautiful.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by abonda View Post
    Thanks dp679 I can hardly wait for the next step..... does anyone know when? Is it the 19th?
    The schedule of dates is in the first post of this thread.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Love everyone's 10.5" squares! I have my 2 1/2" strips cut, but since I am away from home and my sewing machine until the 27th, I can't sew them together. (on an RV trip-wish I had brought my machine now--next time for sure!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by abonda View Post
    Next step is March 19. Then April 2 and, finally, April 16. So, a lot of happy people here every second Monday.

Blog Entries
    Gives me a little more time to get this step done. Rummaging thru the garage fabric store.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    If you recall, PaintMeJudy advised the pattern we are making is for a 28" block.
    So .... if you are wanting something larger, that's where you will make the decision, whether you need 2, or 4 or 6 etc.!
    Thanks, I think I get it now...just my dense brain at it again! Will wait till the next clue to decide how to go with the scrappies...I may have enough for 2 scrappies! They will probably be donation quilts anyway...the more the merrier, right?

thanks works4me.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

You are welcome abonda. So many replies the important facts are getting lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Who would have thought it would take so long to sew a few straight lines. Well, I didn't have full WOF so I had to deal with that first, then I had to learn how to sew a scant 1/4 inch. Thanks to all of you who posted advice about that. I used all of it, but now I know how to set my machine in th future. Attachment 318086
    I love your fabrics, that will be a stunning quilt!

Whitepine, I agree about sewing long stripes and keeping that scant 1/4". While I do have a quarter inch foot I also adjust it as far to the right as it allows. But I am reminded of a lesson years ago and I think it was Eleanor Burns that taught when sewing stripes never go beyond 18"in length and you'll be more accurate. I was short on my stripes too as I was using scrapes for some of my fabrics. But it all comes out in the end and that is the goal! lol

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Last edited by CajunBear; 03-13-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: omission

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast