Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
    Well I haven't seen one block i didn't like this is so much fun. Can't wait to get started on step 3,camera issues can't post mine. but I love every ones

Tell us about your blocks, Materialgirl, we have good imaginations. Oh, and come have some of this spinach and waterchestnut spread on these tiny sourdough rolls......goes great with this excellent white wine.

Being that your train got you to Chicago ... then keep on it and head to cross into Canada at Port Huron (Michigan)/Sarnia (Ontario) ...... then stay on the train heading towards Toronto and you can go right past my home about an hour before Toronto!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Oh, and come have some of this spinach and waterchestnut spread on these tiny sourdough rolls......goes great with this excellent white wine.[/QUOTE]

That sounds so good. I think we should have some chocolate with that and maybe a bottle of red (sweet) wine. I have a recipe for "Danger Bars" and I will smuggle some on. But if someone else wants to bring M & M's and such - go for it.

Blog Entries
    [ Oh, and come have some of this spinach and waterchestnut spread on these tiny sourdough rolls......goes great with this excellent white wine.[/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds good. But I think we need some chocolate also. I have a recipe for "Danger Bars" and I will make it and smuggle it along. I love red wines, that might be an idea. Of course we will need wine glasses to go with our celebration.

Judy, my friend came from CA last summer and they brought their own pillows, so if you have a favor one, bring it along.

I'm hoping that ND is on the route somewhere or else I will drive and join you.

Blog Entries
    Dark Chocolate..........sigh.......

Checking my expiration date on my passport

EveRose ... you CAN"T just talk about Danger Bars ... you really MUST give us the recipe!

Thought everyone might like to see this ............ Look familiar?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-black-white-im-hooked-t183446.html

Sure looks lovely!!

Yup, sure does, but we have 2 clues to go and a border around only 1 of those. So, I'm thinking the our finished block will be a bit different. That's a good one to bookmark for making a bunch of these though.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Yup, sure does, but we have 2 clues to go and a border around only 1 of those. So, I'm thinking the our finished block will be a bit different. That's a good one to bookmark for making a bunch of these though.
    Yes, I am aware of that ... for those who are making it as a quilt, it might be inspiration for them.
    They may or may not want the border on the quilt blocks.

Hey, ya missed Oklahoma - I know Amtrac comes thru OKC/Edmond...lol and I've always wanted to see the country by train.

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    The California Zephyr has picked up a few of us and is busy making daily trips back and forth. If it hasn't gotten to you yet it will. What a beautiful fun ride. Now serving Lime Cream pie and coffee in the club car.
    Attachment 321307
    (Actual Amtrack route map for the California Zephyr, except I added the arrow pointing southeast from Chicago.)

This train is for everybody and stops in every small burg. That's why only 1 clue every 2 weeks ya know. So get ready, here we go. Looks like we are bring a lot of spouses along, but Hey, where are the sewing machines?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    LOVE the idea of the Mystery Train being in the style of J.K. Rowlings. Steaming along, picking us all up, stopping at wonderful LQS whenever we need another scrap.

Foxflower, that's a neat 'exra' block you made out of the scraps. I was wondering what to do with them but didn't want to use any scraps until I as sure they wouldn't be needed. Now I'm inspired to come up with something.

Oh my goodness never saw the picture you posted QuiltE -- in fact I had never seen the block - just a single with the one star - until about 6 weeks ago and thought it would be a good mystery. Boo hoo I'm sad, thought I had some up with a good idea! Oh well, the rest of the quilt is my very own idesign. But glad I got this clue posted so you all didn't see it and spoil the surprise for yourselves.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-20-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Did not sew the 'scraps' together yet, they look cute arranged on the cutting mat, but i think they might still be needed for the 28 x 28 'block'.........do not know the 'ending'...... i luv mysteries

Thank You, Judy ..................................we are having so much fun ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Greetings Ladies! I'm back from work, with a sore back. I think I pulled something while helping Mom up. Oh well... I did put the blocks together. Hope I get the photo instructions right.Attachment 321085Attachment 321085
    Im so wishing I had put the dragon scales as the focus fabric.. but I still think it looks ok..and my daughter is head over heals loving it..so that makes me happy.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries

Thinking of making a second one using western fabrics :)

Everyone that has posted have awesome blocks. Here is my block after clue number #3 and yes I think I would of chose the red for my focus fabric but it was a mystery and my daughter picked which she wanted for the focus fabric.. She is happy...so Im happy. But I definitely am going shopping for some western fabrics and doing another block for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    There is an announcement on QB that Bearly Stitching in Arizona is closing.....
    my BERNINA 1630 was purchased at Bearly Stitching when they were here...we still miss them....feeling
    sad.

I like how this block has turned out so far and went through the Halloween fabrics last night for a second version. As soon as the tote lid was opened 2 felines came to help. What a surprise. Right on top was the perfect fabric and I have the co-ordinating fabrics for it, even the lime green. Are you intrigued yet?

I'm grinning like an idiot and wish I didn't have to work today, nor do my work out tonight. I want to play with the second version of this block. It's going to be killer.

Here is a teaser.
    Name:  Teaser.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  20.8 KB

Jenniky, that is striking.
    works, can't wait to see you Halloween topper -- love the lime green!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Works for me that is soooooo not fair, we do not know your time zone so i guess we have to keep checking back all day long ( as if we would not anyway )LOL

West coast of British Columbia. So, waaay behind the times.

Don't look for the step 1-3 today. Hopefully, tomorrow AM, if I can slip away for a bit after dinner tonight. Most likely Friday AM.

Version 2 is going to be a lot brighter than version 1.

ahem!!
    that'd be the Wet Coast!!
    .......which puts you two into the same time zone, me-thinks!!

That it is and that it does.

Right now, BC is getting colder than usual temperatures and threats of snow yet back east is getting balmy weather. Who'd a thunk it?

I'd say you guys back east are on lunch by the time I get to work but I start at 6AM so that isn't the case. You are just on your mid-morning coffee break and some of you are just getting up! lol

2nd and final teaser:Name:  2nd teaser.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  30.8 KB

Hey ... do those spiders have glow in the dark eyes? FUN!!!!!!!!

Yup ... balmy beyond belief ... more like mid-July weather at 27C/81F yesterday with a humidex of over 30.
    Hamilton had a smog alert yesterday!!

ICK ICK ICK

While nice weather is nice ... this is not so ... and kind of scary what we'll get as a backlash in the next month or so!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Hey ... do those spiders have glow in the dark eyes? FUN!!!!!!!!

Yup ... balmy beyond belief ... more like mid-July weather at 27C/81F yesterday with a humidex of over 30.
    Hamilton had a smog alert yesterday!!

ICK ICK ICK

While nice weather is nice ... this is not so ... and kind of scary what we'll get as a backlash in the next month or so!
    your mention of hamilton reminds me of the year we lived near there. being from northern california it was really different weather. snow in the winter and the humidity in the summer. many an august day with over 90% humidity. wow.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast