Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Thanks for the clarification, judy! No worries. I thought I would use the 3" x 6" Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler and just trim. If you've never used her flying geese rulers you really should try them. Whenever possible I use them because the flying geese come out perfect every time. Great directions come with each size of ruler. Anyway I love using them.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Hurrah, for Jenniky's hubby. It sounds like you got a winner!!!
    Yup, definitely a keeper. I bet he didn't come home with a bunch of stuff you didn't need either. Much safer to send the hubby.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

hee hee
    Yes, you know me all too well, Florence. But maybe that's why we get along, birds of a feather and all that. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Judy, I have come to know you very well and you are a nut case as am I.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Yup, definitely a keeper. I bet he didn't come home with a bunch of stuff you didn't need either. Much safer to send the hubby.
    I agree always safer to send Hubby . Now for these Flying Geese. I think I will make some using test fabric first. I'm not sure I have ever made them before in a pattern. Unless it was within a PP. I do know that these flying geese seem to be coming my way. They are also included in the quilt pattern I am making for my grandaughter so it looks like time to get busy.

Have a wonderful Evening all.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries

to finish at 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 the geese unit would need to be 6 x 3 1/4 unless two of the seams will be 1/8 inch instead of 1/4 inch........getting a headache

Y'all caught me on the way back to the caboose in search of the wine, crackers and cheese. Darn, gotta turn around.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Grab a bottle of wine before you turn around.. I think we might be needing it in the sewing car to find our way through the wild geese.
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Grab a bottle of wine before you turn around.. I think we might be needing it in the sewing car to find our way through the wild geese.
    Grabbing two just in case.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries

In the caboose feeding crackers to the geese.....trying to quiet them.......they are flaping their wings and I am thinking it is going to be a long two weeks till we get them pinned down.

Last word from me on the geese (other than saying again I apologize for the confusion) I stand by the cut fabric sizes of 6" x 3-1/4" and 3-1/4" square. You all can feel free to do them however you like, as long as they will fit the quilt top. So how's that for my being non-instructive and wishy-washy -- let 'er rip how-some-ever you'd like!!!!! And now I think I need to have a glass of wine. See you in the club car.

Blog Entries
    Wine it is!!!! I haven't even started on the "geese" because we haven't done taxes yet. Tonight I sat on floor filing the 12 months of papers. Now to state looking for some of the info and hubby will be out of town. I LOVE this time of year.

We don't send my hubby shopping. He LOVES it. We usually have a bet on if he is sent for 1 thing, how many will he come home with. So it is safer for me to go.

Okay time to get Mom to bed and quiet time for me.

Have a good one ladies!

Blog Entries
    Wine it is!!!! I haven't even started on the "geese" because we haven't done taxes yet. Tonight I sat on floor filing the 12 months of papers. Now to state looking for some of the info and hubby will be out of town. I LOVE this time of year.

We don't send my hubby shopping. He LOVES it. We usually have a bet on if he is sent for 1 thing, how many will he come home with. So it is safer for me to go.

Okay time to get Mom to bed and quiet time for me.

Have a good one ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

In the caboose feeding crackers to the geese.....trying to quiet them.......they are flaping their wings and I am thinking it is going to be a long two weeks till we get them pinned down.
    What??? The crackers going to the geese??? Find the wine and put it in their water. That should calm them.
    Sweet Caroline

LOL great idea Caroline

Blog Entries
    I am far behind because I don't like one of my fabrics. I did 100 flying geese for my son's quilt using the big square and four smaller ones and cutting. They came out well. I will have to calculate what size to cut to get 6 by 3 1/4, but it shouldn't be a problem. His geese were close to this size.

Let's see, wine would make me sleepy and I need to be on hyper speed. Ah, sugar!! Blonde brownies with butter pecan ice cream and homemade caramel sauce will do it me. One large serving, please. I'll make enough to share.

irishrose, if you are still up and working on quilts you need some caffeine with that sugar! I always make mistakes when I'm tired and end up spending lots of time picking out stitches So, I suggest you head for the sleeping car immediately and meet us bright early tomorrow morning. The brownies and ice cream sound good for breakfast. Or how about eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits with a tall glass of OJ? I'm on pacific time, so maybe I'll see you at brunch.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries

Good Morning everyone.......yummmy biscuits, glad the geese did not eat them......I checked and they are in their box snuggled up with the quilt center...it is a wonder what a little vodka in the water (distilled) of the pressing mist will do.

Sounds like fun, I would love to join. Never have done this before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suzeq45 View Post
    Sounds like fun, I would love to join. Never have done this before.
    begining is first post on page one
    second set of inst. are posts #312,313,316
    third set of inst. post #663
    fourth set of inst. post #1003

post number is in upper corner your post # was 1043

Hope this helps !!!! Welcome aboard !!!

Blog Entries
    I know now why I am a night owl! The morning time is confusing! I went to bed early last night was tired~ I am training for a Marathon and my old body is having trouble...

But back to my problem at hand. I found some fabric that I thought was the same as the F fabric I used in my Mystery Quilt. so this morning I was going to put that last strip on and start with the 'wild' Geese you all are having a time with~ The Fabric does not match!!!

So what do I do? Do I start over and do all the same? Or od I "Get over it" and sew on the last strip the Wrong Color??

HELP!!!!!!! I am pulling out my hair~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    See how close they are! But the one I used originally has a marbled black-ish line running through it that the new fabric does not! I do not remember where I got the originally one from, could have been any where! It does not show up a lot in the picture but it does enough to me to make me pause and go "Hummmmm"
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    See how close they are! But the one I used originally has a marbled black-ish line running through it that the new fabric does not! I do not remember where I got the originally one from, could have been any where! It does not show up a lot in the picture but it does enough to me to make me pause and go "Hummmmm"
    It's close enough. I'd use it. It's not like it will be up against your original fabric. It will add a little interest to your quilt.

marytodd, it is so close you will not notice any difference. It will be fine. Same color, different pattern. Works for me!

Blog Entries
    is that the 'other' side of the fabric? ok, i am the bad guy.....you could do the 'border' pieces in the found fabric and leave the center star in the original fabric....or you could just take off one side (border)of the original fabric and have the (border)sides match across and call it a design decision.

p.s.you will see my "design decisions" when we sew the geese on....

Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose..

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast