Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose..
    Agreed!! Stand back and squint your eyes. It will flow together, and it is a design decision!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Looks good to me - I'd be more concerned abouth the value of the color than the fine marbling. It's a match in that respect. A friend used to say, 'It won't show on a trotting horse." How about, "It won't show on a flying goose"? The geese will (I think) be separated in the next step so it will all go together.

Here's some fresh orange juice. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I agree with all of the above, Mary. It's whatever you are happy with. This comes from someone who ripped out the center star because I just couldn't stand it. But I sure wouldn't do that in this case. Another option would be to find another turquoise with the same value but a totally different pattern. If it was me, I would go with what you have. As I remember, you lost part of your border to a yellow fuzzy thing, so you are probably doing the border in the new fabric. That will match the geese.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone! good advice. I decided to take the three sides off and put the border in the new fabric, leave the center as is and make the geese out of the new fabric.

It was just to early for me I think! Usually I don't even open my eyes until about 10. When I ironed the baggie, I knew it was time to walk away from the sewing room. So now I need a new iron, hey getting a new Iron is always a good thing!

Again thanks for all the great advice. So on to the 'wild' geese!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    MaryTodd...........I am so glad you have made your decision. I agreed all along with the rest of the ladies making this Mystery Train quilt block. I know that I will be so anxious to see how it looks when you are all done. Good decision.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    I know now why I am a night owl! The morning time is confusing! I went to bed early last night was tired~ I am training for a Marathon and my old body is having trouble...

But back to my problem at hand. I found some fabric that I thought was the same as the F fabric I used in my Mystery Quilt. so this morning I was going to put that last strip on and start with the 'wild' Geese you all are having a time with~ The Fabric does not match!!!

So what do I do? Do I start over and do all the same? Or od I "Get over it" and sew on the last strip the Wrong Color??

HELP!!!!!!! I am pulling out my hair~
    my quilt instructor always says "Can you live with it? If yes, go for it. If not, stand back 20 ft and ask yourself can you see the issue? if not, go for it. If you can, get over it" She is wise but has her wit.

The color looks fine to me too....I'd say go for it.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

marytoddliz: have you tried cleaning your iron (when cooled down)with a used dryer sheet? Might save it.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Has anyone finished their Geese...I keep waiting to see a few pics from others before I jump in with both feet??
    Have an awesome day!

Exactly right, Oksew
    Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose..
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    yes, but just a stack of geese blocks

Hey, I got my geese done this afternoon..It was funny, as I was making them, a flock of local geese went honking over the house. I just smiled. ;o) We live between 2 lakes and they make their trip couple times a day. My geese will just 'hang' around til next clue.

Jean

Name:  Geese w-Block.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  55.0 KB

Go ahead and post your blocks, everyone, so we can all see how they look.
    Very nice, Oksew.

I just went back to look at some old postings and the pictures are huge, was out of scale, only see a fraction of the picture. Is anyone else seeing wierd stuf like that?
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 04-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

I don't kno if this will help in sizing the pictures for you or not, but works for me. If you will open your picture in PAINT, then go to IMAGE, it opens your picture, put 45 in both the '100' spots and clk ok..then SAVE AS, your picture... This method works for me, hope it will for ya'all..

Jean

Blog Entries
    Greetings ladies!!!

Well instead of working on the flying geese, I worked on getting taxes ready for the bookkeeper. But I did make a pair of Easter pillow cases for DD. Has anyone else found that the holiday fabrics just aren't what we had before or is it just me? Anyway, I found this fabric and love the bright colors and the purple one has hearts on it.

Take care.Name:  001.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  1.21 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Go ahead and post your blocks, everyone, so we can all see how they look.
    Very nice, Oksew.

I just went back to look at some old postings and the pictures are huge, was out of scale, only see a fraction of the picture. Is anyone else seeing wierd stuf like that?
    Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Curious

Everose I love your bunny material..I do agree that I have seen older holiday fabrics that are better design.
    Last edited by Jenniky; 04-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries

checked with my grandson and he says the site manager may have changed settings or we have been hacked by some clown.........................color me sad........

Blog Entries
    Name:  geese 001mq.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  31.8 KB
    whispering....do not want to wake the geese....going to put them back in their project box till 4/16

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    The directions you gave are fine. I don't throw the cut offs, I just sew a double seam , 1/4", cut between , and then have little 2 3/4" squares for another project or a sashing row for the quilt.....depending on the finished project. But the nice thing is, they're already sewn and even ready for a scrappy, works for me.

Blog Entries
    Hey, I got my geese done this afternoon..It was funny, as I was making them, a flock of local geese went honking over the house. I just smiled. ;o) We live between 2 lakes and they make their trip couple times a day. My geese will just 'hang' around til next clue.

Jean

Name:  Geese w-Block.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  55.0 KB
    Jean, I just love how your flying geese turned out. Your color's look so pretty together!!

Blog Entries
    Everose...........What pretty Easter pillowcases you have made for your DD. I am sure that she will just love them & you are right about the Easter fabric, as I couldn't find much of an assortment this year either. Maybe next year!!
    Last edited by SulaBug; 04-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    Name:  geese 001mq.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  31.8 KB
    whispering....do not want to wake the geese....going to put them back in their project box till 4/16
    I am whispering, so I won't wake your pretty geese blocks. They turned out lovely!! Shhhh...........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    The directions you gave are fine. I don't throw the cut offs, I just sew a double seam , 1/4", cut between , and then have little 2 3/4" squares for another project or a sashing row for the quilt.....depending on the finished project. But the nice thing is, they're already sewn and even ready for a scrappy, works for me.
    What a great idea!! Thank you! I am making a rectangular shaped table topper and will be adding about 10" to two sides. I'm sure I can use those squares.

Blog Entries
    Setting tomorrows goal to include the completion of the geese... Will post a pic when Im done. Everyone have a wonderful evening.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Darn, I hope my machine gets back from servicing soon. Jen you are going to be ahead of me, but can't wait to see the "geese" flying.

I did it again today - while waiting for the train I put some clothes in the washer. YES, there was a kleenex in there somewhere. You would think at this age, I would learn to check every pocket - NO. I didn't think that was in the job application. Oh well, life goes on, and this is the reason for the vacc and broom.

Take care ladies, happy sewing.

I'm so anxious to get back to sewing. (still not able to cut or sew since my carpal tunnel surgery on Monday.)
    I have two boom swaps to make blocks for, a quilt for my swap partner, and of course, these wonderful mystery quilts (still working on the Orca Bay one)--and wouldn't you know I found another mystery quilt (I need another project like a hole in the head!!). Sew many projects, sew little time!!

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast