Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Paintmejudy: I have so enjoyed this trip. First time I have ever done something like this. I haven't finished the flying geese yet, just can't seem to get time to do all I want, but I will get it done and post when I do. I liked this mystery quilt so much that I took it to my quilting group as a challenge. It is driving them crazy not to know what the outcome will be. Is it okay if I print off some of the finished projects to show them in the end what they can do with this block or is that against some rules. Thanks again for letting me join. You did a really good job with this, can't wait for the next one.

Blog Entries

Oh, my

I Thought the content of this thread was for Quilting Board participants only
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 04-27-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

Oh, my

Okay, I have done wrong then, I didn't know, seriously sorry. I have learned a lot from quilting board, didn't realize we couldn't share information outside. I will stay within. Sorry if I offended people.

Blog Entries
    I honestly can't see the harm in sharing with others!

Blog Entries

Oh, my

I am not quite understanding this - are you saying when we learn a new technique from this board that we are not allowed to share it with others? I understand if the authors of written tutes do not want them copied and shared, but new techniques or new blocks also?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    I am not quite understanding this - are you saying when we learn a new technique from this board that we are not allowed to share it with others? I understand if the authors of written tutes do not want them copied and shared, but new techniques or new blocks also?

I didn't realize it was an issue either until the previous quote. Now I too am confused. I definitely would not want to offend anyone or do anything out of the way.

Blog Entries
    I do not want to belong to a group that is not willing to share!

I don't see the problem with sharing. It can only bring more to the board. Is there really a rule??? Wow...
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Anngel, I feel honored you liked your mystery enough to share. I don't see a problem with this as long as you didn't sell it. LOL It isn't copyrighted material, but I hope I got some credit for it with your group! Nothing used in my quilt top was original, I just put together blocks that have been around for a billion years.

I truly feel that sharing with others is a way for others to learn. I know I have picked up many many tips on this QB that I never knew before. I am new to quilting, self taught 2-1/2 years ago by what I looked up on the internet. Without all this information available I would have had to take some classes.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 04-27-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries

Oh, my

seriously ?!?!?!?! Are you calling copyright on blocks that have been around forever???
    Where is the fine print then??

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Anngel, I feel honored you liked your mystery enough to share. I don't see a problem with this as long as you didn't sell it. LOL It isn't copyrighted material, but I hope I got some credit for it with your group! Nothing used in my quilt top was original, I just put together blocks that have been around for a billion years.

I truly feel that sharing with others is a way for others to learn. I know I have picked up many many tips on this QB that I never knew before. I am new to quilting, self taught 2-1/2 years ago by what I looked up on the internet. Without all this information available I would have had to take some classes.
    Until I found this site, totally by accident, I was basically self taught too. The local group I have only belonged with for a little while. I find quilting amazing, challenging and fun. And yes, you got the total credit, lol. Besides, they know me well enough and my ability that they knew I didn't think it up myself. So hopefully you will see new members on here even though most of them are old hands at quilting.

Blog Entries

I really do not know......I just thought we were 'talking' between "Quilting Board" participants. Not sure if it matters, it just seemed , not sure, just uncomfortable, to me......maybe just me.....I do not know

Call the quilt police as I share this stuff all the time. Tis free as far as I am concerned.

arrest me to, why can't we share such a fun project, not every one can follow along here, Paintmejudy would have said if it was only for those who were on board,I stalked this for years and never got in trouble, but cuff my hands and haul me away.LOL

LOL ladies, the quilt police could never keep up with all of us! Yes, Florence I agree - tis free for the borrowing!

Well, I sure didn't mean to stir the pot. Excited about all I'm learning I guess.

I post alot of the quilts I love here on Pinterest. That's how I save what I love. Lots of strangers linger there.

Hearts to you AnngelAnne. You've not stirred the pot. I think it was a fun project to share with your friends. I'd be flattered if someone wanted to share an idea I had.
    Last edited by SheriR; 04-27-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Just been reading and following this blog...found that the quilts turned out quite nice ) as for you SunlitenSmiles....not sure that I would want to be part of a blog that doesn't share the tips we learn as quilters..and really you didn't make a new block or create a new tip at all ..really you don't even have to be part of the thing to make the project....As a quilter and member of this board tell me who really cares if you get credit!!!! I find that sharing what we learn is better than keeping it to ourselfs and the more we learn the better we quilt and the happier we are!!! Quilt on Ladies ) !!!!
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Well thanks everyone, don't feel quite so guilty now. And thanks to everyone that has taught me things.

Love the quilts and love the answer about the sharing.............. Maybe the next time I will join the mystery.

Blog Entries
    Lesson I have learned and will share about mystery's. It is bad sport to lay out your squares in any order until the project is revealed, Im doing a mystery on another board and everyone started posting pics of there squares laid out in all manners.. other peeps got offended. Im not one to want to offend so I will defer from doing this in any mystery quilt project again. And I realized I had done it here on this thread also. Im sorry. But as for the rest all I have to say is................................ IS IT May 9th yet... lol I cant wait for the next train to leave the station.. Ha ha.. Hugs everyone..
    Last edited by Jenniky; 05-01-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Have an awesome day!

That's part of a mystery ... everyone having their idea as to how the project is going to look and sharing what they have done! So what if you arrange yours one way, I mine, and others in different ways. That's part of the FUN!

Usually mystery projects are given out in a mixed up order, to keep the surprise. You go along thinking it's going to look like such and then all of a sudden bang-pow, the last clue throws you for a big loop and suddenly a new identity ... and often a wow look. What you're describing are control freaks with their knickers in a knot ... and ruining your fun!

In this case, it was a smaller project with a lot of the obvious with the order leaving less surprise to it. Think of it this way ... if the geese had been made earlier, and the star patches not added to the strip sets til the very last step ... I think we would have seen some creative displays in the lead up.

Don't let those others intimidate you and ruin your FUN!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Paintmejudy!! It also makes me wonder how this board has so many members, don't you think it came from someone telling a friend about it, that friend telling another and so forth. They say word of mouth is the best advertising and as far as I'm concerned, we quilters need all the advertising we can get. Without it why would companies come out with new fabric choices, threads, etc........just wondering????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    That's part of a mystery ... everyone having their idea as to how the project is going to look and sharing what they have done! So what if you arrange yours one way, I mine, and others in different ways. That's part of the FUN! .... What you're describing are control freaks with their knickers in a knot ... and ruining your fun!

Don't let those others intimidate you and ruin your FUN!!!!!
    touche!!! the control freaks are every where. also a designer is able to copyright the instructions to their design but certainly not the blocks. it's okay to share ideas. there are numerous threads on copyright listed on this board. this is a public board that anyone on the web can have access to, so do not think for a moment that anything is private once posted here. thinking about joining the next mystery as it seems you all had a blast.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Well said, everyone!

And yes, Havplenty, we've been having a blast, this has been a great group. You gotta join us for the next ride on May 9th!

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast