Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this..."

Last night I was trying on pants and jeans at the Farm & Fleet. My 5yo decided it was too boring watching Daddy try on work boots, so he ran in the changing room with me. No problem. Or so I thought. After trying on some khaki's that I wasn't sure of, ds, who is leaning quietly against the wall, says "Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this, but those pants did make your butt look kinda fat". :shock:
    After composing myself I decided to play with it. Thinking that my butt looks fat in just about everything because it just is, I put my jeans back on and asked him - "But what about my jeans - doesn't it look just the same with these on?" "No, not so much" Ok, that was better. I think.

Ok, should I be horrified, mortified, shocked, or grateful? I think I'm all of the above. I've never really dealt with a 5-1/2 yo boy before.... is this just the beginning? :roll: :shock:

Power Poster
    He did seem pretty tactful about it - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalmama
    Ok, should I be horrified, mortified, shocked, or grateful? I think I'm all of the above. I've never really dealt with a 5-1/2 yo boy before.... is this just the beginning? :roll: :shock:
    Yup! and it's not just the boys. As for being horrified, etc., don't be. Save the story as blackmail for when he gets older!! ;)

The great thing about kids that age is they speak their minds. We don't learn to do that again until we are over 50! Be glad he told you instead of snickering behind you back. And yes, everything make my butt look big, because it is.

OOOO it has only just begun.. I wish when my son was young I would have had a notebook to jot down all the things he said that were memorable... he is 15 now and they are still coming out of his mouth!

lol, I can relate ;-)

Talk about mortified, one time I was behind someone in a grocery line, and my thoughtful son (5 years old) decided to tell me rather loudly "See, Mom?, You're butt's not as big as that one!"

Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    lol, I can relate ;-)

Talk about mortified, one time I was behind someone in a grocery line, and my thoughtful son (5 years old) decided to tell me rather loudly "See, Mom?, You're butt's not as big as that one!"

Oy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh no! Is this what's coming next?!

Blog Entries
    I have a friend with a 3 year old daughter. This morning she told me that S told her that Mom's bottom was bigger than hers. T was glad that this was said at home & not in a public bathroom.

Blog Entries
    Out of the mouths of babes :lol::lol:
    Yes.... expect worse before it gets better :wink: :roll:

My cousin's 4 yr old grandson asked her what her make up was for. She replied "It's to make me beautiful." He said, "You'd better do it again, it's not working." LOL Kids crack me up!!

Oh yes, there is much more to come, wait until he's 27 and telling you about the "stripe" in your hair since you haven't had a chance to call your hairdresser.

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    LMAO..........why are kids so obessed with butts?????????? who would have thought they would even notice them yet sooner or later they all come out with butt comments, I know mine did when they were young.

eye level?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Bless his heart. He doesn't want you to be upset. ROFL!

We were in a restaurant with our oldest when he was about 4. We were seated and waiting for the waitress. She comes over, takes our drink order, starts to walk away and my son says...."I wanted the pretty waitress, instead we got the old one"! :shock: :oops:

I know she heard him. I was mortified. Now he waits table as a college student - I hope some kid says something about him. Karma's a...well, you know.

Banned
    :lol: :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pam
    When I started the carriage business my daughter was with me while we were training a new horse, and I said something about his big butt (draft horse 2000) lbs. My 12 yo DD promptly tells me that I am in The Big Butt Club. My horses have big butts, my friends have big buts, I have a big butt, even my truck has a big butt (dually). Such a little charmer, to be sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They just say what is in their little heads. Last summer my DDs and DGD were shopping with me. DGD went in with me to try on some pants. As soon as I dropped the pants I was wearing DGD shouts " Grandma those under pants are soooooo pretty. Did you borrow them from Aunt Jen?" I didn't want to leave the dressing room. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Remind me not to let your DS go jean shopping with me. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    When I started the carriage business my daughter was with me while we were training a new horse, and I said something about his big butt (draft horse 2000) lbs. My 12 yo DD promptly tells me that I am in The Big Butt Club. My horses have big butts, my friends have big buts, I have a big butt, even my truck has a big butt (dually). Such a little charmer, to be sure.
    Too funny :lol: Did you tell her it is hereditary :?: ;-)

Pam
    Too funny :lol: Did you tell her it is hereditary :?: ;-)[/quote]

at 20 she still only weighs 105, butt, her time is coming!!

What's so sad is that I used to be thin (6)... gained when I married dh and my body totally went to pot after having this little sweetie at 42 (I didn't realize this was part of the bargain). I have told him that my flabby belly is because he stretched it out. I'll have to work on adding my rear to the blame...

Ah...wait 'til he's 17, it's 6.30 am and you are driving miles out of your way to get him to Polytechnic on your birthday and he says "You really ought to do something about that weird black hair poking out from your chin". You then realise, you are not only getting old, you really should put your reading glasses on when doing your face in the morning (and it was only one....a little tiny one).

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    Ah...wait 'til he's 17, it's 6.30 am and you are driving miles out of your way to get him to Polytechnic on your birthday and he says "You really ought to do something about that weird black hair poking out from your chin". You then realise, you are not only getting old, you really should put your reading glasses on when doing your face in the morning (and it was only one....a little tiny one).

lol! I spit my drink out on that one ;-)

Blog Entries
    My friend's grandson told her, "Grandma, thank you for making these cookies. Please don't ever make them again." Out of the mouths of babes huh? What a hoot they are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast