Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 15 months ; (

Hugs... I just put my daughter in her car to drive home to PA after a week here...she cried that she didn't want to leave...makes your heart hurt...

Warm thoughts and hugs are sent to you from me. It's natural to feel as you do and I think it's quite ok to feel a little weepy from time to time. Have a good cry, blow your nose and then get busy again with the quilt you are making. I'm glad you shared your feelings with us.

Blog Entries
    Thank-you for all the Hugs and stories....so many are in the same boat...How did they do it in the 1800 when there family and friends sailed across the seas and never saw each other again....so glad we have the internet, phones and planes.

Blog Entries
    sending you huge (((((((HUGS)))))))) I know how you feel. My husband moved to the USA for me and this year will be the first time that he's seen his brother in over 5 years. He still hasn't seen his mom. Most of my family is in Italy and I haven't seen them in over a decade.

Get Skype - it's great and free to talk and you can webcam at the same time. That's how we've managed to survive so long. My husband's mother has actually never seen in person her granddaughter, and this year for Christmas will be his brothers first time ever seeing his niece.

Senior Member stitchingmemories's Avatar
    I can understand what you're going through. My daughter has been in California (Navy) for over a year now and I'm in TN. It has been really hard. Her ship is deploying in two weeks and she'll be out at sea for 6 months or more (and I can't be there to see her off and probably will not be able to even talk with her on Christmas). I know sometimes this sadness just comes on us suddenly and we don't know why. You're in my prayers. I know it's hard buy maybe we can muddle through together. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I know the feeling, Carol. The last two days have been kind of weepy around here.

One of my gr-gr-gr-gr-grans received one letter during the Civil War. One. And, she was lucky. My gran would get telephone appointments by telegram during WWII. I read about WWII POW families receiving a notice "he's alive" and several months later "he died six months ago." Ouch.

Comparatively, we are extremely lucky but I think there's a bit of acclimation going on. You ever notice how many Californians say they're "freezing" when it's 60 degrees out? Even if they grew up in Michigan, they've acclimated to the Cali climate.

That's us. Still feeling the misery and the worry and the separation despite video chats, cell phones, emails, letters, packages and what have you. Just the fear of missing a phone call can be overwhelming. Chin up. You're in good, and proud, company.

I know how you feel my sons are both in the Navy and not able to come home for the holiday's I try to keep my chin up for DH's sake but I miss my boy's. Keep the faith

just want to say i can really empathise[sp]w/you.5 of my 6 kids live at least 1000 miles away,& the one thatlives 10 miles from me i only see a couple of times a year since my dh died in '01.i he come to dread the holidays,but have a wonderful niece& bf that really help me thru,hang in there,it DOES get better a little at a time
    dar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2