Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
25th wedding anniversary today... how long for you? >

25th wedding anniversary today... how long for you?

25th wedding anniversary today... how long for you?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
My parents were married at the same church in 1954.
Then, you, no doubt, have been there. I think next to the vows the most thrilling thing was ringing the bell for all of Chickasaw County to hear another couple in love were married at the Little Brown Church.

Also, did your parents have Rev. Glenn L. Utterback as their officiating minister? Curious. Little story goes with that. Edie
Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 AM

Congrats. 8 for me..2nd marrage.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 AM

April 7,2010 will be 49 years for Bill and I. His oldest sister and I were friends and paled around together. I really didn't like him very much. Thought He looked like a Teenage Deliquent. LOL!! He had the Fonzy look. With the long greased combed back hair with the whats it called pompdour or something like that.White T shirt. with Cig.pack folded on the sleave and the heavy looking engineer boots. Dangerous looking... But He had the whitest teeth and the cutest Butt. You know how it is some of us girls like those kind of guys LOL. But He only had the look He was and still is a kind gentle man. HMMMM Teeth are not as white but boy does he still have that butt. LOL!! I was 16 when I met him. Married him when I was 17 He was 18 in 1961. We had our first DD in Jan.26 1963 Second DD Jan.8, 1964. Old fertil myrtle that was me. No more kids. We still love each other very much. life has been bad and good wouldn't change my man for anyone or anything.
BillsBonBon
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by barnbum
It's funny to think about this--on my next birthday, I will have been with hubby half my life. Wow.

Time flies when one's hubby spoils her terribly--or is that beautifully? ;) I have to say the last five years were easier than some in the middle. I'm thinking the next 10 ought to be a piece of cake. There's nothing left to argue about. Is there? :roll:

My grandparents were married 62 years. My in-laws just had their 50th. My son just got engaged. And life moves on.
I hope your second paragraph holds true for you. I learned in a sociology class a long time ago (college years) that every five years in a marriage brings a different set of challenges and that's usually when the problems arise (arguments, etc). Well, baby, if you're lucky enough to reach retirement years together, you're in for a surprise. Whoa. Talk about a whole new ballgame! The challenges are really something. But I must admit, it's getting better and better all the time. We just may survive this together.

:lol: :lol:

.{{{{{{{{Happy Anniversary!}}}}}}}}}
The 24/7 is the biggest challenge we have faced. It seems us ladies have an edge on that being we can keep ourselves productive with our house,yard, friends,hobbies. It is more difficult for a man I believe. It has been a big adjustment for Bill since He retired on disability. But He is now doing,going, with guy friend down the road. Who is also a Batchelor. they have Gardening in common and relate to each other very well. Yep all the other things that pop up in a marriage is usually done together,talking it out.Planning the next step. Discussing your Children,because you used to have angels and now they are Aliens. But the retirement is for the most part a do it yourself thing. You do things together but can't do that all the time. Have to have other outlets. WHEEEE!!!!! Thats my opinion.

:lol:
Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM

I have been married to the first and only man I ever dated for 36 years now. Sometimes it feels like I have always been married to him, but other times wonder where all the time went.
Congratulations on your 25th
Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM

I have been married to the first and only man I ever dated for 36 years now. Sometimes it feels like I have always been married to him, but other times wonder where all the time went.
Congratulations on your 25th
Old 12-30-2009, 05:09 PM

I don't know who married them. Yes, I have driven by the church but I have never stopped there. What is the story?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:02 PM

We will celebrate 48 years in May, 2010. Some good, some bad, but all together, and that's what's important.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I don't know who married them. Yes, I have driven by the church but I have never stopped there. What is the story?
The story was that my husband and I drove to Iowa to get married by Rev. Glenn L. Utterback, just the sweetest man in the whole world. We wanted our first act as a married couple to be taking Communion together. We were standing there and his wife came out with a little tray with two juice glasses with grape juice and some rye bread. He said "My beloved wife prepared this Communion for you two lovers who have come across the miles to the Little Brown Church in the Vale." He proceeded with the "Our Lord on the night He was betrayed, etc." Granted I knew the grape juice with the blood and the rye bread was the body, but the way he put it was so very special. After the wedding, we went to the front of the church and rang the bell.

I want to ring that bell on our 50th.

Edie
Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 PM

What a beautiful story.