Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 35th Anniversary

35th Anniversary

I'm just curious. If you hit this milestone, what did you receive from your husband, or did you do something special?

We went out to dinner at a nice resturant (we do that every anniversary -- now up to 45) -- we don't give each other gifts for our anniversary.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

We did a special gift for our 25th... we both love to fish, so we bought a brand new fishing boat/trailer etc.. our 35th is this July 1st... and I don't think we will do anything special..including not even going out to eat. My DH birthday is July 5th and our entire family gathers for 4th of July...normally about 75 to 100 people show up to our cabin.
    Faye

Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

We usually do special dinners, with our sons, and DIL. Our son and DIL's anniversary is the day before ours, so it truly is a celebration...there have been times though that we haven't celebrated at all...my father was terminally ill at the time of our 25th, so we completely spaced celebrating out. Our 38th is this summer....now you have me thinking.....

Celebrate it! Life is too short, to not celebrate our milestones. How you choose to celebrate depends entirely on both of you. Some couples celebrate with huge gatherings, some believe it should be only the couple celebrating. Some couples exchange huge gifts, while others exchange kisses. I know couples that never exchange gifts, and use the money for a trip instead. Talk it over with your spouse.

We celebrate every Anniversary with our immediate family, after all they would not be here if the marriage didn't happen! When the kids were small, we encouraged our kids to give Anniversary gifts to us, with the idea of the thought is what counts. Over the years, we have received many interesting and unique gifts from them and all are treasured.

We usually go out to dinner on our Anniversary with our children. Gifts have been sporadic throughout the years so I have always told my hubby half-jokingly that I wanted a really nice anniversary band for my 25th Anniversary. Well, the 25th Anniversary was nigh so we went to a jeweler to check on those nice anniversary bands.....and after hearing that they cost $2500 and up for what I had in mind, we ended up buying a new leather couch for the living room instead Celebrating our 28th this October....Congratulations on your upcoming 35th!!!

We usually go out to dinner at a really nice place. There have been a few we didn't have any extra money and didn't. For one of those times I made a nice dinner and his favorite cheesecake and he wrote me a poem.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire
    That is so funny!!! You made my day!!!!!

To celebrate we went on a cruise to Alaska. It was a wonderful celebration and the memories last a life time.

We went to Cedar Point and rode roller coasters all day!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

We had a big family/friends reunion and used the old town hall for it. It was also DH's 75th birthday so we felt it was a double whammy.

We have had 41 anniversaries, and we just go out to eat at a nice restaurant (not fancy), that is all we have ever done, which is great for me as I enjoy eating cooking that I did not have to prepare.
    Aronel aka Lee

I can't remember which anniversary it was for, but we got cemetary plots. We've bought each other whatever we wanted at the time. I do remember getting a fancy diamond ring for our 50th. This yr (56th) I bought more fabric, and we traveled around FL. together stopping where we wanted. We still enjoy being with each other, so that is what is important.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

For 35 we had a family dinner. At 50 the kids threw us an open house and we spent 2 weeks in Alaska cruising and sight seeing. For 55 this September we are taking the RockyMountain train trip from Calgary, Canada to
    Whistler, Canada. Should be fun.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

We also just usually go out to eat on our anniversary a long time ago I lost the diamond from my engagement ring and have hinted that I would like a new one but so far no luck we are on to 42 this year.

Ha Ha!! I love this!!

Quote Originally Posted by oma66 View Post
    To celebrate we went on a cruise to Alaska. It was a wonderful celebration and the memories last a life time.
    We did the same thing for our 50th, except it was done at 45, just in case...... Well, next year will be 50, so now what...celebrate the 60th??? We are still glad we went on the trip when we did...

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Fab-ra-holic; 04-07-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the morning laugh!!!!!!!!

We did not meet this anniversary before my DH died but while he was alive we gave each other "community property" presents: one year gave each other 1/2 a stereo; another year it was 1/2 a new patio. Other gifts included halves of new floorings, underground sprinkler system, hot tub, etc. We enjoyed our "presents" so much and oh, I miss him.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Blog Entries
    Both of us have been widowed. So, we don't exchange gifts for celebration, anniversary, or holiday. We get what we want when we want it . Life can turn on a dime as we've learned.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

Our 35th is coming in September, so let me know what you decide on! With any luck we will have a new grandchild -- maybe on our anniversary. We've talked about an Alaskan cruise and I know we shouldn't put it off. You never know how much time you have. But this year we have to use our timeshare in Florida and plan to take our only grandson (he'll be 4 by then) to Disney World. Can't afford two big trips this year. Maybe we'll do the Alaska cruise for our 36th.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    We do something different each year. I wish I had kept track over the years of the things we've done. Picnics, spending the day at the beach, going out to dinner. This year will be our 43rd and we are planning on going to a small town about an hour away that people are talking about and check out the shops and attractions. I do believe they have a quilt shop there too...

Our 25th, I made tiny teddybears out of a ruined dress and bought myself a solitaire diamond on a wide gold band. My wedding set is white gold with baguette diamonds on the side of a pearl and 3 baguettes on the matching band. For our 35th, whatever I bought myself--he is not a shopper. For our 45th, no 'celebration' because our 16 year old granddaughter was killed in an auto accident two days before. For our 50th our daughter and son threw us a big party at the park. Our 53rd is coming up and I asked if I could spend a lot of money. For AccuQuiltGo. How much? Told him. Do I have to get you anything else? I said 'no' and he said 'okay' to my ordering the cutter! Life is good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast