72 year old with a doll

Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM

Default 72 year old with a doll

(excuse the late night hairdo please)

This is doll number 131. A generous lady from the forum (you know who you are) recently gave me some Christmas style fabric, and I couldn't resist the soft red for the top. the velveteen for the shirt and the 'trims to decorate with. I also am attaching the nightgown as she flips her skirt to turn into a sleepy faced sweetie. She is 24 inches high. This is one of the dolls designed to go out free to children who have cancer or other devestating things going on in their life. They deserve the comfort of a doll to love them. I have never made a Christmas dress for the dolls before. I hope to make at least 3 more, in a more simple dress. The doils are always free, including postage.

The 72 year old doll maker is tired tonight, but finishing up this particular doll tonight was worth the extra time put into her. Maybe I'll put a Christmas Boy Doll together... somehow. It would light up my heart if there were little ones VERY sick at Christmas time that could get a doll. I gave away one to a 'woman child' yesterday dressed in green. It looked a combo of a 'lass in Green' or a Christmas color of doll. 7 are left on my couch waiting patiently for a home. I may have 3 going out over the next few days......I'm waiting for word on them.

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails christmas-doll-nightgown-112512.jpg   72-year-old-doll-112512.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Christmas Doll

here is a better one without me in it. giggling
Attached Thumbnails crocheted-christmas-doll.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Your doll is beautiful ~ and you look fine! Some child will surely love the doll & what a great thing it is that you do!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks so much for that high praise. I do hope the doll finds a child to love this Christmas. If not I will sit her aside for next year.

Vickey
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Hi Vickey: It's nice to see your post again. Please PM me for some lace I have for you. I mislaid your address. Merry Christmas to you and yours...
JoAnn
Old 11-25-2012, 09:41 PM

i sent a pm. God Bless you for your help and Merry Christmas to you and yours.....as well. HUGS

Vickey
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful....and hey...I'm galloping toward 50 and I can tell you...I don't look near as youthful as you...anytime I think those dollies are keeping you young.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM

Thanks earthwalker. I appreciate your words. I thought I looked pretty bad in the picture. Hubby said I didn't but I didn't believe him. giggling. I am glad you liked the Christmas Doll.

Hugs to you and yours.

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Beautiful....and hey...I'm galloping toward 50 and I can tell you...I don't look near as youthful as you...anytime I think those dollies are keeping you young.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 PM

As usual Vickey, you outdid yourself again. You will make some children very happy for Christmas. I know it warms your heart to know they just love your dolls. You are such a special person to spend so much of your time doing things for others. God bless you and keep you active and sewing for a long long time.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM

Thanks dear Rosie. I appreciate what you said and that you took time to read my message and enjoy the pictures. Big God Bless's and buckets of hugs to you and yours.

Vickey