ABC cancels 2 soaps

Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM

I can ONLY imagine what they will replace them with :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Oh NO! Please tell me this is just a late Aprils fools joke. I have worked at home for years and years, and these people have kept me company all that time. I don't watch them every day, but I can not imagine them not being there at all. I know so many people that will be so upset.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 PM

I read that this afternoon, Im retired now and can actually sit and make/eat a lunch and pick up the kitchen thru these 2 shows. They will be replacing w/ a cooking/ talk show and some other talk show. I was so mad I went to the ABC website and wrote them a letter in the "contact us" page. Theyre not the greatest of programs, but 2 more of the same shows they have on 57 other channels is just boring and non creative. I told them to bring back test patterns for 2 hrs a day - at least it would be a change. sharet
Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by PJisChaos
In all honesty, I am a bit sad to see these go as well. But, ironically, my hubby is the one that's extremely upset as he hasn't missed a show in several years for either one of these! I am sad as it keeps him out of my hair so I can quilt and surf the board. LoL! Now what am I gonna do to occupy him for those 2 hrs a day??
Maybe your DH will like the Mario Batali and Tim Gunn show they are replacing the 2 with??
Old 04-15-2011, 04:37 AM

Frankly, I am GLAD that the plug is being pulled on AMC - Am soooo tired of seeing Cameron and Greenlee practically in every scene - sorryline was drab. Now if they cancelled GH, that would be a good move too - BUT!!!!!!OLTL - naw - I was looking forward to seeing the original Todd come back - so many of the actors have just signed new contracts (what is up with THAT?)Maybe I can get more done in my own life now, instead of being glued to the tv!!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 AM

Oh well, one more year to watch them. Maybe we can see how they finally bring each character to a close. I grew up with Erica and Vicky. SO sad. At least I have SOnny and Jason on General Hospital. It's next probably. Soaps were fun but everything went in circles and such drama. LOL. Guess real life is taking over. I was getting tired of the Tess issue on One life to live, and Natalie...please... Oh well, I see soap stars on other shows now. GOod luck to them.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:57 AM

I remember my Grandmother watching four 15 minute soap operas from 12:00 until 1:00 p.m. She was thrilled when they went to 30 minutes.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:02 AM

I am sad to see these two go have watched for a very long time I do not like talk shows at all
Old 04-15-2011, 05:07 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

sad, will be replaced by more "talking heads" shows. Just found out this AM and saw your posts.

Where can we get away from all the reality shows? I miss variety shows. Will be showing my age.. Or entertaining sit-coms, sprinkle a few between the medical and crime.
I sew and watch/listen to movies. :)
Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 AM
BMP

I am glad to see soaps go, (sorry) I could never understand the attraction to watching them. The story lines are so outragous....another thing that needs to be pulled are the reality shows...we need to get back to clean shows no wonder our kids are turning out the way they are...