Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To All Our Quilt Buddies Back East & South >

To All Our Quilt Buddies Back East & South

To All Our Quilt Buddies Back East & South

Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Thought I'd take a moment to wish you all, {{Huggs and Hopes}} thru the Wild and Crazy Weather that has came to you this Year . Hope all are Well and Stay Safe !!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Power Poster

I was watching all the devastation on TV. It is heartbreaking to see so many people who have lost everything but the clothes on their backs...and their life! So sad. Prayers to all!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Strong prayers coming your way from AZ. My mother lives in Newport TN so last night was a very long night for me. She is fine but her neighbors did not make out so good. They are unharmed so God was looking down on them.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 AM

I'd like to add my prayers and best wishes from Australia.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:24 AM

I never seen so many tornado's at once do so much damage.And hurricane season is just around the corner.We're economicly bankrupt as it is.We are all going to have to pull together and help these folks out with our time,volunteering for red cross,sending food,water,quilts,blankets,and everything else to start new lives with.They've lost everything.The best way to do that is to give to whom your charity is.The churches,the red cross especially do a great job feeding and housing these poor unfortunate families.Some may have to come live with you for a long-long time to come.Welcome them with open arms.Especially for the children,and the elderly,and the pets.Make room somewhere for a family to adopt.It's more important than a "royal wedding".I see the royal wedding everywhere,and 'blurbs' on this.What a shame,and shame on them!So,thank you for posting for the lost,confused,brokenhearted,devastated people who lost everything,some their lives.They gona need LOTS of quilts.Lap quilts,childrens quilts,wheelchair quilts,and bed quilts especially.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:46 AM

AMEN.... i too am sickened by the attention to the RW.... let's get our country in shape,, pay attention to that!!! I'm with Bill O'Riley... i'm a "pinhead"...
Originally Posted by Xylie55
I never seen so many tornado's at once do so much damage.And hurricane season is just around the corner.We're economicly bankrupt as it is.We are all going to have to pull together and help these folks out with our time,volunteering for red cross,sending food,water,quilts,blankets,and everything else to start new lives with.They've lost everything.The best way to do that is to give to whom your charity is.The churches,the red cross especially do a great job feeding and housing these poor unfortunate families.Some may have to come live with you for a long-long time to come.Welcome them with open arms.Especially for the children,and the elderly,and the pets.Make room somewhere for a family to adopt.It's more important than a "royal wedding".I see the royal wedding everywhere,and 'blurbs' on this.What a shame,and shame on them!So,thank you for posting for the lost,confused,brokenhearted,devastated people who lost everything,some their lives.They gona need LOTS of quilts.Lap quilts,childrens quilts,wheelchair quilts,and bed quilts especially.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 AM

RW has been exciting for many, so won't take anything away from their day Cute Couple...
I Know we can keep this going in a Positive direction for all those effected and by the Storms etc. When are Quilt Buddies get back have a good space to see some Well Wishes.
Very correct its time to do what can be done to Help those effected by all this. Thats one of this worlds and the USA's Great Human elements, to pull together when faced with rough times. Sometimes not a lot but even a small bit can be used for good !! Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 06:26 AM

RW has been exciting for many, so won't take anything away from their day Cute Couple...
I Know we can keep this going in a Positive direction for all those effected and by the Storms etc. When are Quilt Buddies get back have a good space to see some Well Wishes.
Very correct its time to do what can be done to Help those effected by all this. Thats one of this worlds and the USA's Great Human elements, to pull together when faced with rough times. Sometimes not a lot but even a small bit can be used for good !! Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 AM

i am truly sorry if anyone has taken offense... i wish the couple many happy years.. and spend hours of time reading historical fiction (English) and a lot BBC... so i'm pretty ashamed if people think i'm being heartless... i guess i was just thinking about the damage done by the tornatoes, floods etc... sorry,, please don't consider me a negative person, it so far from who i am....
Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Sending out big (((HUGS))) to all in the affected areas (((HUGS)))