Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For All of You Animal Lovers >

For All of You Animal Lovers

For All of You Animal Lovers

Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 AM

I've seen the video. Skidboot is amazing.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 AM

I saw him on Pet Star and the Oprah show. Quite amazing! :thumbup:
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM

That was so sweet. I've noticed a LOT of people on this Board are animal lovers. Think that is what makes it so special...we have more in common than just quilts!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM

I am heavily into animal rescue. I have two rescued cats and three dogs. I will go look at that video, and I will probably cry too. I love all animals (except for rats and snakes!)
Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 PM

My dogs have all been rescues. I have two now -- a Great Dane mix who was "dropped off" one night at the Humane Society, who is the sweetest dog on the face of the earth, and a Heinz 57 we found abandoned on the street. With so many abandoned dogs in need of a good home, I would never buy a dog.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 PM

For many years we took in rescue Dobermans, "just till we can find a good home for them". Yeah..right. We always fell in love with them and kept them for the rest of their lives.
Once my rigidly honest husband came in angry and said we were going to steal a dog. We went to an orchard where the renters had tied a vicious Dobie up and watered her with a garden hose, even though the water dish was overturned, and she was nearly starved. They said they didn't know why, they had tossed her lots of corn they were feeding their pig!!! She lived with us for years, and was a sweet, well mannered girl all her life. We'll always miss Hilda, Kurt..the best dog who ever lived, sweet, gentle Gertrude, fast and eager to play Hans and the cats who have made our lives complete.
Now I have two rescue cats, one of which was found in a rain storm in Texas. What people do to animals shows what savages they, themselves are, and the I think shows what kind of human they are. We always told our kids to watch out for those who mistreat animals, they will do people.wives and kids, just the same.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 AM

my dog is a rescue too he was on death row when we got him.
& even tho I breed cats we also have rescue ones, we rescued 1 that was kicked out of home as a little kitten by the new big dog the owners got, the poor little kitten ended up in the hospital grounds searching for food, I heard him meow in the carpark as I was getting the car to pick up my husband from ER and we brought him home and he adopted my mum.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Both o fmy kittys are rescues. One I got from the pound who was on death row, and she is the most placid loving lap cat you could ever have. She is so good natured, I cant believe she was on death row. The other I got from a shelter where he had been since he was 4 weeks old. Hes now 6 months, and I have had him 2 weeks, and hes a real snuggle puss. Hes learning how to be a pet, hes only ever lived in like kennel conditions. Just the other day he discivered his own refelction and boy wasnt that funny!!

I beleive the best pets are rescued ones, its like they know you have saved them and they become so devoted and loyal to you.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have rescued dogs and cats as well. They are so sweet.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 PM

I'll look up Skidboot when no one else is around to see me cry...(I can't watch ASPCA commercials...have to pause the tv then fast forward). We've always had "throw aways" including beautiful purebred pedigreed dogs (they were/are deaf). As a foster mom I've "failed" many times as we couldn't get the dogs homes before they bonded with one of us, one of the other fosters or in one case our goat! It's a lot of work but they all get love and attention as well as all of their physical needs attended to. I feel blessed to be able to have as many pets as I do. As a rescuer I also work very closely with our low cost spay/neuter clinic and would urge other rescuers to do the same. It's wonderful to support each other. I value this board so much because there are so many like minded creative individuals here. I'm proud to have friends like you.