Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Almost 24 inches of snow in PA!

This is my Hubby starting to dig out from the storm! Feb. 6, 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where in PA is Stewartstown? Love your picture! It looks very much like my area snowwise.

I think we must have gotten at least 18 inches where I am. At its shallowest (the parts where there are no drifts), it's up to my knees.

We are in south central PA. South of York, 4 miles from the Maryland border.

We have a lot of snow here in Ohio too. But I think you have us beat!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Wow, is he still digging out! Is that the most you have ever got at one time?

Karen from Indiana, USA

I am in Murrysville, PA SW PA and it looks just like our house. THANK HEAVENS....our power is back on, it was off for about 8 hours. Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Margie

Wow! You folks really got slammed!!! Grammynan, that pic of your hubby reminds me of what it looked like the winter that our son was born. Snow was piled so high there was no where else to put it. My neighbor and I were both expecting at any moment and the snow kept coming and the hubby's kept shoveling, terrified we wouldn't be able to get to the hospital and they would wind up delivering the babes ;-)

Take care and stay warm. I am in north central PA and we only got 1-2", but is terribly windy!

Margie, so glad your electricity is back on. Makes it really hard when it goes out. We were with out electricity for 3 days in during a windstorm one November...not fun.

DD lives in NW Philadelphia. She moved "south" as she hates winter. So far this winter, she has had two major storms and we have had none. They have already gone beyond allowed school closing days (she's a teacher in an inner-city school), so not sure how this will play out.

As her Saturday AM grad school classes were cancelled by Friday afternoon, she and her boyfriend headed to the Scranton area. They will stay at his parents house and are to go skiing this evening, head back to the city tomorrow. Kids!! Don't they know how a mother worries??

Peaceandjoy:

Our son lives in Rochester, NY area. I probably should call him and see how he is making out.

Kids don't seem to understand the mother worry thing. Our daughter and her hubby went Bungy jumping to celebrate her 27th Bday. Not enough that she is in New Zealand, but she had to do that and tell me before hand!!! :roll: Ahhh yes! Offspring...gotta love 'um! :D

Oh my goodness. Now I know why the radar over your area looked so bad!

Glad your power's back on, Margie.

Wow, Grammynan, you're south of me and you got more snow, though I suppose we got quite enough.

Funny, though, ours mostly all came at night, because it wasn't there and then it was, and I really didn't see it falling. It was over by morning when I got up.

Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Peaceandjoy:

Our son lives in Rochester, NY area. I probably should call him and see how he is making out.
    When we say we are going to "the city," we are going to Rochester. It's about 45 minutes away.

It's been cold here, but very little snow. Some winds out of the north today, so a bit of lake effect, but not too much.

Our older DD is the daredevil. She's been sky diving a few times, but no bungie juming - yet!

When we say we are going to "the city," we are going to Rochester. It's about 45 minutes away.

It's been cold here, but very little snow. Some winds out of the north today, so a bit of lake effect, but not too much.

Our older DD is the daredevil. She's been sky diving a few times, but no bungie juming - yet!
    Boy, we will have to meet sometime! My son actually is in Greece, NY. When we visit him, I love to hit some of the shops in Rochester. Patrica's, Betty's and Jackies! All the ladies! :P

Well, our DD says she wants to jump from higher the next time, and they still want to go parachuting too :?

We got 17" - in western PA 50 miles north of Pittsburgh.
    Chicodee on suet feeder, Our cabin in the woods(snow)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh how pretty! As long as you are warm inside! ;-)

Amazing, our winter hasn't been bad at all, on the mild side actually. Although we did have -20 degree weather a couple of months ago, our heat bill was only 225.00 dollars but we didn't have to pay it. The electric company said we had a credit so our balance was zero.

Your pictures make me thankful that I live in California. The snow is beautiful to look at and I can be in it in about an hour or two but I certainly don't have to shovel it.
    I think they got some freak snow around here several years ago, but as soon as it hits the ground it melts.

We got 18 inches in Greenwich NJ. I'm so tired of having to dig out. This is our 2nd big one we had a big one a few days before Christmas. We had on last weeked no were as bad and we are supposed to get some more on Tuesday. Will it ever end lol Give me some sunshine and warm weather.

Blog Entries
    I am so ready for spring and nice warm sunny days. Here we have had Ice....sleet...snow...and rain...I'm really tired of all of it. I am sorry that you got so much at one time and hope that you and yours are safe and warm.

I can remember when I was pregnant with our first...Nasty snow storm the evening that I went into labor and DH said that we would wait till morning to go to the hospital. (Son wasn't born till that afternoon or DH might have been in some pain also) Almost went into the ditch several times just getting to the hospital because there was so much snow on the roads and slick where they were clear. :(

Sort of reminds me of snow that we had in the winter of 1978-79. There was so much snow that the national guard had to come clear a one lane path through on the gravel roads for the county just so people could get out. The snow was so deep that my Dad who was 5' 11" tall stood with his arm stretched above him and the snow drift was still a good foot above his finger tips . I hope to never see snow like that around here again

Wow. That is terrible. My driveway looked like the a few weeks ago. Be careful. I'll be thinking of you.

Tigger, that is the year I had my son and the neighbor and hubby were constantly shoveling so his wife and I who were both due could get to the hospital. Good thing the hospital was only 3 blocks away, the ice was 3-4" thick on the streets and we slide all the way there!

Blog Entries
    Are you kidding me! Wow! Hubby will have sore muscles tonight!

How is everyone in the snowy areas today?

They're plowing our (apartment complex) parking lot as I write this. A couple hours ago, they tamped down the snow behind my car so I could back out and re-park elsewhere, but they haven't plowed my parking space yet. The lot is that big, and of course, there's that much snow.

But it's warm, and it's thawing fast. Lots of slush on the unplowed side street, but the main road is clear, if wet.

It'll probably freeze a sheet of ice on the roads tonight, but I'm betting it won't be much more than a memory by Tuesday.

NE PA here- no snow! woohoo! but they tell us to expect something Wed.- but they aren't saying.

in the meantime is soooo cold! 13 degrees this morning on teh way to breakfast and church.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I called kwhite who's in Mifflin County, and she said "Oh, we only had about 12 inches here, that's nothing." So evidently the southern and western edges got the worst.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast