Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through. >

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Amazing explaination of what a person with chronic pain goes through.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:09 PM

With major medical issues I deal with each day, heart related, I am always aware of those around me who seem to suffer in silence with their medical situation, too. I know that most of us, who do undergo such challenging illness, we are most generous in the patience that we show to others who also hurt.. I know that today, many of my thoughts go to the one who shared this link, and Jade, you know that I am blessed to know you, though I dont know you in reai life. Yet, I have gained so much encouragement in being able to pray for you, as you have prayed for me. Thank you for sharing your heart wtih those who hurt.. your generous spirit of concern goes a long, long way, girlfriend!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

This brought tears to my eyes. I saw my dear, late husband valiantly fighting pain and trying not to let me know how much he hurt, so he could be strong for me.
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer and we scheduled a mastectomy, I found him kneeling on the floor beside our bed, praying for my life, even though he was a sorta fallen away Catholic.
I had to help him to his feet as even then he was so much in pain that he could not rise on his own, but he loved me enough to try to help me in the only way he could. He never knew how much just being my friend helped me for all our years together.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:57 PM

wow, how so true, you can't understand unless you live with things like this everyday and i would love to hand this to everyone who gives me that "look", just remember someday we will all be better....
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM

you are right, some day we will have new bodies, just as the Lord promised to those who love him.

Originally Posted by squeakie
wow, how so true, you can't understand unless you live with things like this everyday and i would love to hand this to everyone who gives me that "look", just remember someday we will all be better....
Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Thank you --- I wish I'd had this a long time ago
Old 11-03-2010, 06:29 PM

I have the best husband. When he comes home from work and I say I can not cook tonight or If I cook I can not do the dishes he understands 100%. He will just say do you want me to cook or go get something for us or do you want to go out. He is great. I have 5 children all who are on their own now, who also understand most of the time. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I do get stares when I get out of the car when I park in the handicap parking, but I try to ignore them. If they could walk a mile in my shoes (I can't anymore). I feel as long as my family understands that is all that matters.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Wow what a powerful explanation, My Dad is disabled and has constant pain so bad he shakes from it, It helps me understand why he can not make it more than a half hour is a wheel chair or someplace besides his lift chair at home. He is my Hero and Is always upbeat but I can tell when he is hurting and do my best to get him out of those situations.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 AM

I too am blessed with a family that understands and supports me, especially my DH. My friends too, except I wish that they would stop asking me how I'm doing every time I see them. LOL.. the answer isn't going to change.. I keep telling them, this is how I'm going to be.. always.. but they keep asking, hoping I'll have a miracle or something. I just say I'm as good as ever. LOL.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I too am blessed with a family that understands and supports me, especially my DH. My friends too, except I wish that they would stop asking me how I'm doing every time I see them. LOL.. the answer isn't going to change.. I keep telling them, this is how I'm going to be.. always.. but they keep asking, hoping I'll have a miracle or something. I just say I'm as good as ever. LOL.
When People ask my dad that (he is in constant pain) he always answers worse, or Better what ever mood he is in. Just one word. They know the answer but are hoping for your sake it changes.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:05 PM

Thank you Jade. Maybe now my DH will understand my fibromyalgia pain.