American Girl Doll find

Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 AM

i saw those packaged. i think a book came with them also. it was several different ones. they were cute.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Never seen the minature one. Bought dd one when she was young. One of the look like you! Important for a young girl! Now she sits in a box with cabbage patch and pamula doll. That one was her favorite!!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Google Goddess

Wow, I just love going to antique stores, flea markets and rummage sales

As you never know what you will find!

Originally Posted by countrycottage
My husband and I made a trip into Arkansas Saturday just to "get away from it all" and spend a little special time together. We stopped in a little antique mall in Nashville, Ark. In one booth there was a doll sitting in a wooden chair that looked very familiar. I checked the back of her neck, and sure enough it read "Pleasant Company." She was wearing no shoes, but was wearing red shorts and a white blouse that bore the Pleasant Company label. It was marked $5.00. When we paid for it we were told that the person owning that booth had a 20 percent sale going on, so we got the doll for $4. I couldn't believe it, I'm never that lucky. She'll be going to the doll hospital for a good cleaning and to have her hair "done" soon.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
Great find!!! I got a Molly doll when I was 8 or 9. She was the first purchase I ever made from saving up my allowance, and I was SO proud of myself. 20+ years later she still hangs out in my old room at Mom and Dad's house. :) She sure could stand a visit to the hairdresser... I took good care of her but I kind of loved her hair to death.

Is your doll one of the characters or is she from the "my doll looks like me" line (I can't remember its real name)?

I'm trying to figure out which one she is. Hopefully I'll find someone who will know.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by countrycottage
Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
Great find!!! I got a Molly doll when I was 8 or 9. She was the first purchase I ever made from saving up my allowance, and I was SO proud of myself. 20+ years later she still hangs out in my old room at Mom and Dad's house. :) She sure could stand a visit to the hairdresser... I took good care of her but I kind of loved her hair to death.

Is your doll one of the characters or is she from the "my doll looks like me" line (I can't remember its real name)?

I'm trying to figure out which one she is. Hopefully I'll find someone who will know.
Could you post a picture? I'm pretty sure I remember the characters and their outifts.

ETA: The outfit sounds like it may have been Molly's "summer camp" outfit.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM

Wow $4.00 what a great find.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Your $4 American Girl doll was a great find. My older DGDs all received American Dolls when they were young, Molly, Kristen and another who had fancier clothes. I liked that the dolls came with books that taught my DGDs about the when, where and how the girls lived. DGD's are all grown - 18 - 29 but they still have their dolls and all the extra clothes I made for the dolls. Molly was my favorite because her story was about her being in grammer school during WWII, just like I was. May in Jersey