Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Is anyone else still watching. Seriously...the worse performances of last night got the top votes. I know the guys are cute but... Isn't it about the talent?

Blog Entries
    It's all about cute. The teenyboppers are voting, not us "old guys". I vote one time a night, they text for the whole 2 hours. I really want Crystal to win, I think she's really good. I'd buy her music in a heartbeat.

I really like Michael's style. Crystal is real good too.

I want Crystal to win. She is an original. She reminds me of Janis Joplin but has a good head on her shoulders. I'm glad Mike is gone. He seems to be full of himself.

Blog Entries
    I like Michael also and Crystal is second there performance wasn't any good last night thats just my 2-cents but did get top vote that's something(:)

I think it will come down to Lee and Crystal. Lee has been slow in "finding" himself, but now he's really doing great. And Crystal has a remarkable voice--there's no one like her. I really like her, except that nasty hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    I think it will come down to Lee and Crystal. Lee has been slow in "finding" himself, but now he's really doing great. And Crystal has a remarkable voice--there's no one like her. I really like her, except that nasty hair!
    Ditto, but the hair is just a phase I'm sure, she has been improving her "style" with the money behind her.

JJs
    Banned
    I agree that Crystal reminds us of Janis... and I kinda like her - even her hair...
    Lee's ok - at least he's better than Casey with the vibrato - yuk, I will say Casey is FANTASTIC on the guitar - or stringed instruments. But the judges are right in saying it's past time for him to lose the vibrato - it's irritating to listen to...
    The first thing my DH said was that Michael will be fine because he already has a band...
    I remember when Taylor Hicks won - he was such a big thing the year he beat out Chris Daughtry and Katherine McPhee - but he's virtually disappeared and I thnk (MHOO) that it's because he had a huge following of older fans and after he won they were expecting similar music to what he sang on the show and he didn't do anything like that...
    But the duet last night with Lee and Crystal was great so I wouldn't say they were the worst..

I love that you asked this. Heres the thing...I want Crystal to win! I'm sold on her, but I like Lee too so if he gets it I won't be real upset. I like Crystals talent, heart, and even her hair. It just suits her personality. I was a Janis fan, but I think Crystal is more then just that. I was also a big Carrie Underwood fan and look where she is today. I wish the same for Crystal. If they have the talent they will be around whether they win or not. As for Cassie I started out being a fan, and not just because of his looks (didn't hurt) but I don't think he has what it takes. Go Crystal!

I don't think the talent was as good this year as in the past. I am sick of Kara and her ideas. I have been for Crystal since the auditions . I think Lee is just as good now and he has improved the most. Michael was okay but so sure of himself it turned me off.

To me, Crystal is the MOST talented, an incredible 'natural'. But somehow, she just doesn't quite fit the "Idol Image". (like Adam Lambert last season) I was told once when the show first started, that the producers have the right to change the final outcome....it is in the small print. Lee would probably fill that role nicely...and I do like him also.

Remember that Adam Lambert was not the winner last season. Chris Allen did, and you hear nothing from him.

Blog Entries
    yes we are watching the show

Overall, I'm so disappointed with this season. I didn't feel that any of the contestants grew much at all. Yes, this is the fast track to fame and it's such a sharp learning curve to one who is truly "green" but I just didn't see that this time.

Yes, Crystal can sing and she's probably the most talented of the three in what she can do with a song. Lee is just not ready for the onslaught that follows to sustain himself, based on my perception of him thus far. Casey, as each week goes along, I had high hopes, but he seems to be a musician that sings, rather that a singer that plays.

They all have talent and strengths but after seeing every season, who wins, who goes on, who unfairly lost, etc., I just don't know that this group can pull off what the other successful contestants have.

I'm tired of four judges. Too many. I'm tired of their unfocused, confusing blabberings that make no sense. Simon checked out before the season started since he's leaving. I was never a huge fan of Kara's but this season, she just needs to go-----and take her need for being the constant center of attention with her. Oh, and don't leave behind the foolishness she played out with Casey. That ruckus still hasn't died down.

I want Crystal to win; but Lee has really worked hard to get into the top 3. Will be interesting to see the final results. Broke my heart to see big Mike leave.

Blog Entries
    Casey--I can't figure out why he's still there. Mrs. Robison was painful to listen to. I have never liked one song he sang. I've never been impressed with Lee either. Now Crystal blows me away! I'd buy a CD by her for sure.

I thought Big Mike was way more talented than Casey or Lee.

I miss quite a bit--so maybe one of those guys has sung something decent and I didn't hear?

Blog Entries
    Karla,
    I'm with you. I don't like Lee or Casey's singing, and I'm not real fond of either of their looks. I would buy Crystal right now and can't wait until she produces a CD.

I loved Big Mike and would like to have seen Lee or Casey leave before him.

Blog Entries
    I think because my husband sings so beautifully--I've never heard another male singer I'd rather listen to. I only listen to female singers in the van--the only place I ever listen to music. :wink:

Nope, stopped watching after Adam Lambert (who was by far the better singer and performer) lose to Chris Allen. The show is no longer about finding the best singer/performer.

It's BYE BYE Casey tonight, I'm sure! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltMania
    Nope, stopped watching after Adam Lambert (who was by far the better singer and performer) lose to Chris Allen. The show is no longer about finding the best singer/performer.
    The American public is who is doing the choosing not the music industry so it isn't really a case of who is better but who is more popular.

I like them all but I want Crystal or Lee to win.

I absolutely agree! I am still watching, however, and I think Crystal may lose out because she 'looks different' with the dreds. Such a shame if it happens again.

If voting were based solely on performances of last night, Lee edged it out IMHO.

Casey failed to deliver on the first song--except for the guitar which was excellent, 2nd song was sweet and good but now the "judges" are looking for that BIG vocal moment/performance. It's a shame that the judges pick didn't take their own criticism into account when it came to choosing that song. Go figure.

Crystal just didn't hit it. 1st song was lousy, 2nd was 'OK' but much too short to deliver the full impact of that song.

Lee did a decent good job with the 1st song. Sounded good. 2nd song, I'll say is just getting old on the show. That makes twice now this season (Tim Urban sang it previously.) Jason Castro sang it too and left his mark on it was it last season or two seasons ago.

Just seems Lee has the more radio sounding voice. Even tho' America votes the producers have the ultimate say and that's who I think they will make sure wins.

I think Casey goes tonight too.

Power Poster
    Funny - I watched the auditions - and the only performance I really remember is the old(er) man doing "Pants on the Floor"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast