Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another huge price jump---printer ink >

Another huge price jump---printer ink

Another huge price jump---printer ink

Old 10-22-2022, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

. I was shocked at the price of cartridges now. Keep a count of the number of copies one cartridge will print. You may be surprised at the difference stated and what actually is printed. I was getting less then 75 pages with one black ink cartridge and should have been getting over twice that amount. Old printer, bad sensor, or iffy cartridge?
Old 10-22-2022, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
. I was shocked at the price of cartridges now. Keep a count of the number of copies one cartridge will print. You may be surprised at the difference stated and what actually is printed. I was getting less then 75 pages with one black ink cartridge and should have been getting over twice that amount. Old printer, bad sensor, or iffy cartridge?
Onebyone, it might be a combination of factors, including variations in the amount of ink in the cartridges, but the printer itself could be the culprit. During Covid we had to replace a printer and there wasn't any merchandise to pick from, so we ended up buying an HP Envoy to get us by until supplies got back to normal. It used a tri-color and a black cartridge. I thought it seemed like it used an awful lot of ink, so I started keeping track of the number of pages I was printing. That printer would only get 85-100 copies per XL cartridge in stead of the 300-500 with other printers. The ink was costing me more than the price of the printer!! haha We replaced that ink guzzler with a printer that uses individual color cartridges and now get the average amount of pages that you are supposed to get. Lesson learned----an inexpensive printer may not be so inexpensive to operate in the long run.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:27 PM

I print & make copies at library (10 blocks away). 10 cents for black/white or 25 cents for color.