Another snow storm!!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM

i live in iowa we havew got use to the mild winters this one is a lot like i grew up with a lot closer to normal the news just said we have 58 inches so far this year the record is 72 we might just break it we have a few more weeks of winter it is suppose to get in the 20's this next week trouble is everone complains when it warms up because we get snow when it is cold we don't get snow i don't know which is better but the snow i really hitting my budget hard about 40 a week to have the guys scop snowe
Old 02-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

It is SNOWING here and I HATE it. We are in SE Iowa and I am so tired of this stuff! Yeah it is a pain to have to pay someone to shovel snow but I don't have any teens home anymore and I am not up to it! I still have to clean off my van myself tho but I only get out when I want to as I work at home so I am blessed that way.

I would gladly send it to anyone who wants it!! I can still open the back door without trouble but it is building up. I let the dogs out that door so it is my yardstick as to how much we have had. when I have to push the snow back with the door then it is up to about afoot or a foot and a half.
We aren't there yet but it is deeper out in the yard than by the door.

We are supposed to get snow until Wed. Yuck!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Yes, after you've had a few months of snow it's time for it to go. I promise I won't complain about our rain here in NE Alabama anymore until another flood comes, then it'll be time to get on the top of the church steeple. Saying prayers everyone stays safe.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM

please don't say flood we are all concerned about that this year because when the snow melts it has to go someplace and i only live about a 1/4 mile from the river
Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 PM

After looking at photos of people shoveling all the snow, I wonder why no one has invented something like a bigger hair blower to melt the snow instead of shovel it?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I'm sorry. It is a gorgeous 64 here today, sunny blues skies with some puffy white clouds. I think it is supposed to rain again in a few days.
If it weren't clear across country from my great grands I'd be on my way. I'm tired to the bone of the cold.

Hugs
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
After looking at photos of people shoveling all the snow, I wonder why no one has invented something like a bigger hair blower to melt the snow instead of shovel it?
Snow blowers do exist. You can buy them at Home Depot, among other places. They run from $600 - $1400 there.

I suppose you don't see people using them on the news because it's more entertaining to see people struggling with shovels. Then again, probably most people don't own one.

But I like your creative mind!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 PM

we only got a foot last time and are due for another 8 inches tomorrow
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

This is what I woke up to this morning, it was a pretty sight! 4" on the ground and it started rain sleet and snow mixed for the rest of the day and tonite it will be a sheet of ice on the roads until Wednesday or so. I about killed myself trying to get the trash to the curb this evening because my driveway is so steep and it was around an inch of slushy freezing mess on it. Oh well it could be worse I could be up north and have to deal with what you guys have.

Billy

Looking out of my sunroom in my back yard and my neighbors yard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14095[/ATTACH]

Star having a blast in the tummy deep snow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14095.jpe   attachment-14096.jpe  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM

my coon hound went out yesterday. She was belly deep and just stood in the middle of the yard, started to shiver like her bones were going to fall apart, whine and stared at me. I looked at her and said, "well stupid if it is that cold come in the house" I had to wrap her in a quilt on the couch before she stopped shivering.